Coming Soon! Hydros SOLE continuous duty 300ml/min smart doser

javajaws

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought 4 to handle an integrated continuous water change system as well as ro/di and kalk evap needs. Just got them so I haven't had time to set them up yet.

IMG_0492.jpeg
IMG_0493.jpeg

ReefLaw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just bought a sole to setup for Kalkwasser dosing from a barrel. Has anyone set one up yet? I’m curious on the schedule everyone is running

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a sole to setup for Kalkwasser dosing from a barrel. Has anyone set one up yet? I’m curious on the schedule everyone is running
I have my Sole feeding my Kalk reactor. I have it set on continuous 5ml a minute. I created a trigger outlet that turns it off if pH gets over 8.3.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have it connected to a normal wall outlet or do you need the xp8?
The Sole is a controller that just happens to have a dosing pump as it's only port. It does come with a supply but if you want to control it with a input you will need to add it to a Hydros collective that has the input you need to control it with. You cannot control it by turning the power on and off.

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have it connected to a normal wall outlet or do you need the xp8?
I have it connected to a wifi strip but i don't see why a regular outlet would not work. I can control the pump without having to power off the outlet it is plugged into.

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Sole is a controller that just happens to have a dosing pump as it's only port. It does come with a supply but if you want to control it with a input you will need to add it to a Hydros collective that has the input you need to control it with. You cannot control it by turning the power on and off.
I don't see why you would ever need to power down the power going to the sole. Am i missing something?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see why you would ever need to power down the power going to the sole. Am i missing something?
You don't that was what I was trying to say. It is a controller in itself and does not need to be powered off. If it is connected to a collective the only thing that would be powered down is the pump itself anyway since the controller brain would still get power from the command bus.

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't that was what I was trying to say. It is a controller in itself and does not need to be powered off. If it is connected to a collective the only thing that would be powered down is the pump itself anyway since the controller brain would still get power from the command bus.
So then i assume plugging the Sole power supply into a regular wall outlet would be an acceptable way to run it.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m still having trouble keeping mine connected to WiFi. Working with CoralVue to fix it.
Do you have other Hydros controllers? If so I am guessing they are not having an issue. I had this issue in the past and it ended up that it was the location and any controller or wifi device I placed there was having the issue. There are controllers and wifi devices within a foot of that location that have no issues. That location is on the controller board in the garage. The router is only about 10 feet away but has to pass through walls and a pantry.

javajaws

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So then i assume plugging the Sole power supply into a regular wall outlet would be an acceptable way to run it.

Yeah regular wall outlet like any other controller is what you normally want. You CAN hook them up to an xp8 though - that's what I have done. But those xp8 outlets for me are always on. I just did it that way as a convenience because I had the plugs open on my xp8 and didn't want to run another power strip.

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have other Hydros controllers? If so I am guessing they are not having an issue. I had this issue in the past and it ended up that it was the location and any controller or wifi device I placed there was having the issue. There are controllers and wifi devices within a foot of that location that have no issues. That location is on the controller board in the garage. The router is only about 10 feet away but has to pass through walls and a pantry.

It’s right next to an x4 and an xp8, sandwiched between that and a versa doser. Only the sole doesn’t stay connected. I dunno

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s right next to an x4 and an xp8, sandwiched between that and a versa doser. Only the sole doesn’t stay connected. I dunno
Try moving it some to see if that will help. Like I said I had one place that either controllers or wifi strips would have dropping wifi and less than a foot away there was no issues. It was more than one device that had issues with that position. Not sure how hard it would be to switch positions with one of the other two controllers and see if the issue switches also.

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try moving it some to see if that will help. Like I said I had one place that either controllers or wifi strips would have dropping wifi and less than a foot away there was no issues. It was more than one device that had issues with that position. Not sure how hard it would be to switch positions with one of the other two controllers and see if the issue switches also.
I’ll try. Thanks.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back