+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!!
I have a pair of clownfish that I have had for a year now, they have been some of the weirdest clowns I have had. They never really seemed to bond from babies, I would always see them in separate areas of the tank. They went thru a fighting period with each other for about 3 weeks a few months ago. That calmed down but now they never really want to be near each other, one of them hides all the time it seems like now and the other is just like normal and swimming around. The one hiding isn’t getting picked on it doesn’t seem. They are both the same exact size unlike my other pairs I have had and currently have. Usually there is one much bigger and one smaller.
Ideas??
This is where the one likes to hide recently but I had to chop that colony and he seems sad lol

61404F96-66D8-4944-93E3-281E20DEDBEE.jpeg

BRS

KING KONG

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!!
I have a pair of clownfish that I have had for a year now, they have been some of the weirdest clowns I have had. They never really seemed to bond from babies, I would always see them in separate areas of the tank. They went thru a fighting period with each other for about 3 weeks a few months ago. That calmed down but now they never really want to be near each other, one of them hides all the time it seems like now and the other is just like normal and swimming around. The one hiding isn’t getting picked on it doesn’t seem. They are both the same exact size unlike my other pairs I have had and currently have. Usually there is one much bigger and one smaller.
Ideas??
This is where the one likes to hide recently but I had to chop that colony and he seems sad lol

View attachment 3042362
Clownfish r most weird fishes:). Is it possible both transform into female coz they never hv intrest in each other? Can't help u with this one I think expert's can help u better. It can be like female divorced other one some months ago. Also what is the tank size as someone may going to ask this:). Male should be smaller than females and should stay together and share their hiding place. This is what I know. Sometimes female may just want a break from male and male shifts to another home

That's why they r most weird fishes

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

TLECLUYSE

Community Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clownfish r most weird fishes:). Is it possible both transform into female coz they never hv intrest in each other? Can't help u with this one I think expert's can help u better. It can be like female divorced other one some months ago. Also what is the tank size as someone may going to ask this:). Male should be smaller than females and should stay together and share their hiding place. This is what I know. Sometimes female may just want a break from male and male shifts to another home

That's why they r most weird fishes
It’s a 60 cube

AS

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hello!!
Ideas??

View attachment 3042362
Not so much that one is bigger than the other which eventually occurs. A hierarchy begins and the female begins her aggression. The female will nip at male, push the male to a corner , and hog all the food in which she gets larger and dominant

OP
OP
T

TLECLUYSE

Community Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not so much that one is bigger than the other which eventually occurs. A hierarchy begins and the female begins her aggression. The female will nip at male, push the male to a corner , and hog all the food in which she gets larger and dominant
Will this cause the male to stay away from her and hide?

vetteguy53081

Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Will this cause the male to stay away from her and hide?
Often is the case with aggression. You can place the dominant one in an acclimation box for a week or two and it should calm it down.

Top Shelf Aquatics
AquaCave Logo Banner

vetteguy53081

Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So from what I am understanding just let them be and they will work it out? Should not lead to the death of the male correct?
If its tremors you are experiencing- that would be part of pairing and normal
This is where videos are valueable

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
https://www.triton.de/en/
Back