Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put in a lubbock and naoko fairy wrasse in the tank, both males, 5 days ago. Sometimes they act like buddies, sometimes one will chase off the other. Both are hiding a lot, is this to be expected at this point

Top Shelf Aquatics

dwest

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My experiences with wrasses are all over the place, so I can’t really answer your question. But, in general, when I followed the information given below, mixing wrasses worked OK. I would expect some chasing, but I don’t think they should both be hiding if the tank is large (75 gallons plus) gallons with rocks.

AC1211

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put in a lubbock and naoko fairy wrasse in the tank, both males, 5 days ago. Sometimes they act like buddies, sometimes one will chase off the other. Both are hiding a lot, is this to be expected at this point
Any larger fish in the tank? The presence of a large tang could also annoy these fish a bit.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

AC1211

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i do have a large tang, he is not bothering them, but them seem to be afraid of him, will they get used to him
In my experience yes. However it can take up to a month or so. I had a fairy wrasse hide for a few weeks. I've also had a yellow coris wrasse hide for 6 weeks after I added a yellow tang. It can take some time. In your case I can't see it taking that long especially since you still see your wrasse in the open. Just give them some time and they will hide less.

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

First Choice
Back