Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have maybe 2.5 gallons of new saltwater left. Is it a good idea to put that into a bucket and put him into that?
Only will give him some temporary relief but it will be hard for you to control temp.

I can’t say for sure but the short video doesn’t show he is stressed. Is he breathing hard? Is he scratching?

did you say you were away? For how long and was he fed?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
D

danenelsen

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only will give him some temporary relief but it will be hard for you to control temp.

I can’t say for sure but the short video doesn’t show he is stressed. Is he breathing hard? Is he scratching?

did you say you were away? For how long and was he fed?
He is breathing a little hard, but not gasping. He does look like he is scratching against the sides trying to escape.

I was away, but I hade someone stay at the house and he should have been fed every other day.

Top Shelf Aquatics

sc50964

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is not normal behavior. He's been in their since the beginning of November.
Okay so you need to talk to the caregiver to see how long he’s been like this & what happened to the gramma. Maybe the screen was not on right and he jumped out? Maybe you turned the light on all of a sudden and that shocked him.

You do need to get coppersafe or copper power, prazipro, an additional air bubbler, and more salt water in case if you need to treat him.

OP
OP
D

danenelsen

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: The clown seems to be doing better. He is back in his normal spot and he does not have labored breathing anymore. Still no sign of the Gramma, but I talked to the person who watched my house and they said that they saw him 3 hours ago. Should I risk moving all the rocks around to try and find him to put him in the emergency bucket that I prepared, or just leave them and hope for the best?

Top Shelf Aquatics

sc50964

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: The clown seems to be doing better. He is back in his normal spot and he does not have labored breathing anymore. Still no sign of the Gramma, but I talked to the person who watched my house and they said that they saw him 3 hours ago. Should I risk moving all the rocks around to try and find him to put him in the emergency bucket that I prepared, or just leave them and hope for the best?
There is no right decision on this one. It depends on what your preference is. How much live rock do you have in there? A full tank pic helps

Rocktron1

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of tank is it? I had a yellow banana wrasse missing for a week. I have a waterbox AIO and I eventually found him safe and well in the return section of my sump. He swam through the surface skimmer gaps , jumped the baffle and then swam between the last 2 sections. I know this as when I return him to the display, another fish immediately chased him and he swam straight back in above the filter sock . Check your sump or the floor aound your tank in case he jumped

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Inkbird
Back