• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

CHERRY's ACAN GROW OUT!!!!!

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
Nutramar Foods
Top Shelf Aquatics

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fedex said the package comes with 100.00 worth of insurance which is what we paid, plus they will issue credit for the package not making it regardless if they are alive or not, so worst case we get our money back or the seller gets his 100.00 in insurance and ships another frag for the shipping credit they will be issuing since it did not make it next day.

After its all done we should either get a replacment frag or all of our money back, I prefer the frag of course.

I just hit tracking on ipour package 793502436050 and its still in Memphis, Fedex said evrytime it gets scanned that tracking number will update staus, so nothing has changed. There is a box sitting in Memphis with our dead frag sitting in it or will be dead by the time they pull their heads out of their ***

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the package has made it to Portland and if all goes well is expected at my house by noon. I have business appts I cant get out of but the wife is here and will float it for temp.
Depending on how it looks it may be best (if its not milky/cloudy water) IMO skipping a drip acclimation and getting it straight to the tank.

I'll udate later around 1:30-2:00 PST

Cross your fingers

chestnud

Slice & Dice
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys, I will take care of you if needed. Hopefully, the frag will make it, but it does get iffy in the event of a delay like this. I have a perfect record on here and ebay as far as feedback goes. Don't worry.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys, I will take care of you if needed. Hopefully, the frag will make it, but it does get iffy in the event of a delay like this. I have a perfect record on here and ebay as far as feedback goes. Don't worry.

Thanks for the reassurance.

Wifey just got the frag and is floating it now, the water was cold but she said it did not look cloudy. She has helped me acclimate so all is good. I shoild be home in about 2 hours

Stay tuned LOL

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well there is flesh still on it and I would venture to guess once its had awhile to settle in all will be fine.

I'll post a pic later.

Maybe we can see if he has other items that we may be interested in since Fedex will be issuing a credit for the shipping amount since it did not arrive next day by 10:30 as was paid for.

One step at a time tho:blah:

Top Shelf Aquatics

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3663.jpg

not happy, but not melted-

its actually in low light, I had to open the aperature on the camera-I'll work on a better pic too

Last edited:

chestnud

Slice & Dice
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well there is flesh still on it and I would venture to guess once its had awhile to settle in all will be fine.

I'll post a pic later.

Maybe we can see if he has other items that we may be interested in since Fedex will be issuing a credit for the shipping amount since it did not arrive next day by 10:30 as was paid for.

One step at a time tho:blah:

I would highly recommend the other rainbow acan in my tank. It puts all others to shame color wise. I can cut a frag for you guys if you would like. The yukis do not appear happy, but do look good considering their wonderful traveling experience. haha keep me updated.

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's the YP10 lookin?

I believe its toast-I have been (and actually just sent one) communicating with Cestnud and he mentioned he can cut another frag but it"ll need to heal. He sent 7 pics of others he has (but I wanted to check with you all too of course) to see if we are interested. Myself I vote for sticking with the Yuki10. He did have a "skittles" that is sweet, he said 40.00 for 2-3 polyps (I'll post pics)

Unless I am mistaken the FedEx insurance will cover the 100.00 for the dead coral and the shipping will be free to since they missed the deadline, Chestnud said the calim is stillbeing "processed"

All in all we should get a replacement shipped, and in all actuality Chestnud will end up with 2 sales, one from us and one compliments of FedEx-:tongue:

Any word on all of the others?

Ty has gone off grid- from the text I got he sounded offended when I asked him about waiting to frag his pieces because we were worried about them getting stressed any more than they will be already from shipping and that maybe sending them out and we frag once they are ready would be a better plan. I also said that a few folks (me included) did not really feel him getting all the frags now was the fairest way to go.

He sent a rather LONG text explaining how he bought a tank ( I assume for the growout which is how it sounded), has repalced the bulbs once already, the money he has spent feeding them and the list went on and on. If I could figure a way to forward texts I would post exactly what I wrote and his reply-This was last Monday

I replied back that the text was not to be offensive that we were merely "concerned" and that he should just stick to the original plan and frag his and ship the others once they are healed.

I never heard back from him that day.

I sent another text the following day asking if he needs shipping supplies, i.e. boxes, bags etc to let me know and I will get them to him-he never replied back.

thats where we are

I came into this grow out just as money was being collected so if someone has some rapport with him please let me know.

He did mention he was a man of his word and he wasn not going to rip us off, those where not his exact words but that was the message, I hope that has not change

Time will tell

Again if anyone communicated with him much prior to my involvement and can get somewhere further LMK

I gave Beerman his number over the weekend and he was going to reach out to him-

AquaCave Logo Banner

financialreef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm fine with him getting his frags now. He's taken good care of the acans so far...just hasnt posted as much or kept us informed. My vote would be to let him frag them, let them heal, then ship them out to reefnjunkie.

Beerman

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is Reef Up still a moderator on this site? I know R2R isn't responsible for these growouts but as a moderator is he held to a higher standard? Or at least to the same standard as those of us that are brought up as ethical and moral?

Oh and I want the YP10. That's my vote.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
SaltwaterAquarium.com
Back