• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

CHERRY's ACAN GROW OUT!!!!!

OP
OP
Reef UP

Reef UP

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a6cd8bdc-433f-8d8f.jpg

They think they need desert lol they just had dinner!
I'll be doing a full write up tomorrow on what I've learned with these guys so far to help everyone know the best places in their tank for them which ones grow faster than others etc! But as you can see from the pic they're all super happy and fat!
Also the o es we are getting from alldelight he was only able to get a 2 polyp frag of the first one so he cut us a two poly frag of another really nice rainbow one

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reef UP

Reef UP

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well guys do we want to add more I was going to buy some for my personal collection and thought I'd ask the group if they'd want in first and not be stingy lol

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
AS
Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Reef UP

Reef UP

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well this morning woke up to a Acan that I've concluded Was munched on by some pest during the night as one and a half polyps looks like it was munched off of one of the sexy corals acans only one affected so if in a perforated plastic bowl for observation! Any of you guys know what to look out for let me know!

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys.

Spoke with Reef Up and I'm going to be selling my spot in the growout here as I've decided to get out of the acan game. Just wanted to give you guys all a heads up if you know anyone who is interested in buying the spot and will know what's going on if someone jumps in the thread.

brannock_16

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well this morning woke up to a Acan that I've concluded Was munched on by some pest during the night as one and a half polyps looks like it was munched off of one of the sexy corals acans only one affected so if in a perforated plastic bowl for observation! Any of you guys know what to look out for let me know!

Oh no! Have you observed the tank at night for any pests? What are your params?

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Reef UP

Reef UP

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no! Have you observed the tank at night for any pests? What are your params?

Haha not params for sure my params don't fluctuate to anal about that!
Here they are
Alk 8.5
Cal 500
Mag 1550
K 390
Po4 0
No3 0
all is well there!

Sorry for crappy pic but as you can tell all the others are fine I actually just chopped the skeleton of said Acan and found a nasty worm problem found lol!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1318796397.179218.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1318796397.179218.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 161
OP
OP
Reef UP

Reef UP

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bristle worms? May just need to be dipped.

It was a black worm actually just like was Chris from alpha corals found in his thread it's what gave me the idea to chop up the skeleton that and there was a burrow to the inside of the dead polyp

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Reef UP

Reef UP

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always the possibility but at this time none are showing signs so I'm not going to just chop into them unless signs of needing to, most all of the Acans in the grow out have been in captivity long enough that the problem shouldn't be relevant any more

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Reef UP

Reef UP

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh dang sorry guys I've been slacking on an update with the medical stuff I've been dealing with but here we go
All acans are doing great the highlighters 2.0 is in the lead for the most babies with a count of 20 the size of an eraser others have 2-6 babies all have surprisingly held their color very very well a couple colors have faded out a little so I dimmed out the lighting a little buy doing all blue and actinic bulbs! And they're coming back with a vengeance !
Ok but also need to report just a bit of bad news the Acan that had the pest worm in it has passed on I think it was just irritated and enough damaged caused that it was a Loss I feel bad and I'll gladly throw a frag of my own in!
Hey alldelight glad to see you stop buy your babies are doing great as for what I'm feeding them it's a rotation of fauna marine lps medium pellet food, rods coral blend mysis and coral frenzy each one is gladly accepted and devoured however I notice the day after the fauna marine they display crisper colors and are much puffier!

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Pirates Reef Corals
Back