**Cherry Corals Summer Spectacular Live Sale! Father's Day Weekend, 6-19, 6-20!**

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

I’ma tempermental coral

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem with recommending gfo for him is he is already unreadable po4 I wouldn’t run gfo until I knew it wouldn’t strip to much nutrients out of the water for the coral or cause a nutrient imbalance which I can tell you first hand is a real pain to correct. I would say get a solid clean up crew and maybe a small healthy tang. Once the algae has been chewed down a bit and can’t pull as much po4 out of the water as quickly I’d get the Hanna ultra low phosphorus checker. Not the Ultra low phosphate! Even though they are in essence the same reader with the same margin of error the phosphorus reader reads in ppb which leads to a more dead eye reading.

Texas Rick

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Granular ferric oxide
giphy.gif

I’m running Chemipure elite which has carbon, gfo, and something else I’m forgetting. I like it

giphy.gif

Texas Rick

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem with recommending gfo for him is he is already unreadable po4 I wouldn’t run gfo until I knew it wouldn’t strip to much nutrients out of the water for the coral or cause a nutrient imbalance which I can tell you first hand is a real pain to correct. I would say get a solid clean up crew and maybe a small healthy tang. Once the algae has been chewed down a bit and can’t pull as much po4 out of the water as quickly I’d get the Hanna ultra low phosphorus checker. Not the Ultra low phosphate! Even though they are in essence the same reader with the same margin of error the phosphorus reader reads in ppb which leads to a more dead eye reading.
I'm on it with the snails. getting a handful

giphy.gif

hllb

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my Hanna for po4. I aim for .05 but it fluctuates between .04 and .09.

Scott71

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have any at the moment haven’t had the guts to pull the trigger on the ones I want at close to $1000 or more. Not because they are difficult, more or less because I want to buy more than one or 2 corals at a time hahaha. In my experience I’ve treated mine with the same care as my Tracy’s and bowers and had the same great results.

you can get a scoly for $150 and even $120. They won’t be the bleeding Apple, butmore solid or maybytwo colors.

I’ma tempermental coral

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can get a scoly for $150 and even $120. They won’t be the bleeding Apple, butmore solid or maybytwo colors.
Oh I know! I don’t want one of those. I want one of the ridiculously expensive ones unfortunately lol. Eventually I’ll pull the trigger on one. Either that or I’ll get lucky and find one I’m in love with for $500 or less! Hahahahaha

CherryCorals

10K Club member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This must be a huge amount of work for them. Photographing, tracking, sorting, shipping. So much to do!

Yeah, when its all said and done it takes about 3 weeks to complete. Two weeks of prep and photos and then 1 really rough week of shipping and another not so bad week of shipping.

CherryCorals

10K Club member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning Reef2Reef, a quick message for all of our local pickups.

YOU HAVE TO CONTACT US VIA TEXT OR EMAIL PRIOR TO COMING.

YOU CAN PICKUP BETWEEN 4 and 6 Monday-THURSDAY THIS WEEK OR FRIDAY BETWEEN 10 and 4.

Thanks again for a great event everyone!

hllb

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning Reef2Reef, a quick message for all of our local pickups.

YOU HAVE TO CONTACT US VIA TEXT OR EMAIL PRIOR TO COMING.

YOU CAN PICKUP BETWEEN 4 and 6 Monday-THURSDAY THIS WEEK OR FRIDAY BETWEEN 10 and 4.

Thanks again for a great event everyone!
Cool, thanks! Do we need to confirm our order numbers when we call or text?

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Join the movement!
Back