Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased a 100 long (72x18x17)..I recently purchased the Apex and 3 Kessil 360we
Can someone tell me how many of the Kessil to Apex control cables I will need? Will I be able to connect all three kessil lights to one and then run that one to my apex? If so what do I need to connect all three to one and then maybe one control cable? I'm sorry.. I feel I'm rambling.. I'm excited and would like to have everything ready for set up when my tank is finished..

Top Shelf Aquatics

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased a 100 long (72x18x17)..I recently purchased the Apex and 3 Kessil 360we
Can someone tell me how many of the Kessil to Apex control cables I will need? Will I be able to connect all three kessil lights to one and then run that one to my apex? If so what do I need to connect all three to one and then maybe one control cable? I'm sorry.. I feel I'm rambling.. I'm excited and would like to have everything ready for set up when my tank is finished..
Good question, let's see if we can get you some answers today.

Anirban

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far my understanding goes if you want all the 3 Kessil to work in a same way then connect them with each other with link cable and then use only one Kessil to apex control cable to V1/V2 port to control all 3 together. Hope this helps you.

Nutramar Foods

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Sistawolf

Sista,
Congrats on your new setup. :)

Regards, GoVols
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS: If you have gotten tired of the Spectral Controller then my sister can drive over from Gadsden to Rainbow City and pass it along to myself. :D

Last edited:

Nebnano

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I believe the 2 link cables you need are the same as aux cables like you would use to plug into a headphone jack on an MP3 player or whatever. That's what they are on my kessil 160 we. Probably the same on 360. Can be purchased much cheaper at a discount store as apposed to the kessil brand ones.

OP
OP
Sistawolf

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Sistawolf

Sista,
Congrats on your new setup. :)

Regards, GoVols
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS: If you have gotten tired of the Spectral Controller then my sister can drive over from Gadsden to Rainbow City and pass it along to myself. :D
Haha I didn't even order it.. because of the apex I bought.. but if I did.. u know I would ;Smuggrin
Thanks again!! WDE

Avast
OP
OP
Sistawolf

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I believe the 2 link cables you need are the same as aux cables like you would use to plug into a headphone jack on an MP3 player or whatever. That's what they are on my kessil 160 we. Probably the same on 360. Can be purchased much cheaper at a discount store as apposed to the kessil brand ones.
I read that as well.. just use the straight ones? And not the 90 degree ones?

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Nebnano

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read that as well.. just use the straight ones? And not the 90 degree ones?
I think either should work. I am just using a straight one between my light and spectral controller. I guess maybe one or the other could benefit depending on how you are mounting them maybe?

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Sistawolf

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think either should work. I am just using a straight one between my light and spectral controller. I guess maybe one or the other could benefit depending on how you are mounting them maybe?
I have mine mounted with the L shape bar and the 90 degree angel adapter right now..

OP
OP
Sistawolf

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what BRS says about the other connector

"The Kessil 90 Degree Adapter will work with any Kessil LED light that uses link cables. One of the ends on the cable has a 90 degree connection, instead of straight. The other end does still have a straight connection, but the cable does come with a removable adapter, that can be put on either end of the unit link cable.

Specifications:

Cable Length - 10ft

End 1 - 90 Degree connection

End 2 - Straight

Optional End - 90 Degree Adapter

What's Included?

1x 10ft 90 Degree Link Cable

1x 90 Degree Adapter"

IMG_4770.PNG

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Sistawolf

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting a little overwhelmed. So purchased the Apex Gold used but in great condition.. it is the one where you have to have a wireless adapter.. I was told nothing about it.. I had to figure out on my own that I had to reset the wireless adapter. I couldn't do anything until I finally got the previous owner to remove himself from this Apex using neptunes website.. THEN.. I read to calabrate so I had t stop everything again so I could order calibration from BRS.. now I'm waiting on my 3rd light and my tank. I ordered the gyre which now from my understanding doesn't connect to Neptune even with the module and I'm wondering if I have everything I need with the Neptune to run my tank..

Nebnano

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what BRS says about the other connector

"The Kessil 90 Degree Adapter will work with any Kessil LED light that uses link cables. One of the ends on the cable has a 90 degree connection, instead of straight. The other end does still have a straight connection, but the cable does come with a removable adapter, that can be put on either end of the unit link cable.

Specifications:

Cable Length - 10ft

End 1 - 90 Degree connection

End 2 - Straight

Optional End - 90 Degree Adapter

What's Included?

1x 10ft 90 Degree Link Cable

1x 90 Degree Adapter"

View attachment 519155
If it looks like you have room, like 2" straight above the plug jack on the light the straight one should work. Mine would of been better if I would of had one with a 90 on it but I just used a cheap one I had laying around home and made it work. I have a diy mount though. I'd bet you could find either version you need in an electric section at a department store cheaper than 20 a piece though. I know sometimes it's easier just to order what you need and be done with it though. Sorry you are running into trouble with everything else you need to hook too. One of the main reasons I went with kessil is because both the light and spectral controller don't have to connect to wifi or the internet.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Sistawolf

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it looks like you have room, like 2" straight above the plug jack on the light the straight one should work. Mine would of been better if I would of had one with a 90 on it but I just used a cheap one I had laying around home and made it work. I have a diy mount though. I'd bet you could find either version you need in an electric section at a department store cheaper than 20 a piece though. I know sometimes it's easier just to order what you need and be done with it though. Sorry you are running into trouble with everything else you need to hook too. One of the main reasons I went with kessil is because both the light and spectral controller don't have to connect to wifi or the internet.
Oh yea.. for sure will be going with the in store purchase.. and I will order the connect to Apex only.. again you have been sooooo much help.. thank you thank you thank you!!!!

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
AVAST
Back