2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is tritons response
I mean I thought having a 3 part was for controllability

I’m glad I switched to afr now cos they’re constantly selling sh1t
The point of a 3 part dosing system is to keep the tank chemistry balanced based on the consumption of a single component.

If you have an imbalance you need to correct it individually, in your case using Magnesium Chloride as I suggested earlier in the thread, and as Triton just told you.

However, as I and others keep pointing out, you do not need to adjust anything at the moment as your current levels are correct.

OP
OP
S

scotty333

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The point of a 3 part dosing system is to keep the tank chemistry balanced based on the consumption of a single component.

If you have an imbalance you need to correct it individually, in your case using Magnesium Chloride as I suggested earlier in the thread, and as Triton just told you.

However, as I and others keep pointing out, you do not need to adjust anything at the moment as your current levels are correct.
So it’s an aio essentially

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it’s an aio essentially
The Triton chemistry you are using is designed that way, however other 3 part designs such as Randy's recipes do not include trace elements so can be dosed individually.

If you wish to adjust magnesium individually purchase some Food Grade Magnesium Chloride online and use the calculator below to work out how much you need to dose.

The Aquaforest Magnesium product is also pure Mg Chloride which can be used with that calculator if you don't mind paying for the name brand.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back