Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I am wondering is the Supermarin 250 Skimmer from Bubble King is good for a Fish only with live rock tank, which will have Picasso Trigger, Black Trigger, Bicolor ANGEL, Sailfin Tang, Flame Hawk and will most likely add a few more fish over the next few months.

I also run a Turbo Aquatics algae scrubber on my tank.

Top Shelf Aquatics

reef_ranch

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's more than enough skimmer for that setup. I ran one on 400 total gallon system with fairly high bioload -- many more fish than that. It is easy to tune for wet or dry skimmate and produces prodigious amounts of bubbles. You could get away with a smaller skimmer if you wanted to save some money.

OP
OP
italquam

italquam

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's more than enough skimmer for that setup. I ran one on 400 total gallon system with fairly high bioload -- many more fish than that. It is easy to tune for wet or dry skimmate and produces prodigious amounts of bubbles. You could get away with a smaller skimmer if you wanted to save some money.
I can buy a used SM250 for around $300, it is a gen2 model with AC pump

any thoughts?

reef_ranch

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great deal! That's the model I used, the pump is pretty bulletproof as is the rest of the skimmer. For that price, I'd install that and tune it as appropriate for your bioload. Keep in mind the water depth of your sump has a big impact on tuning that skimmer. Follow the manual for recommended depth.

OP
OP
italquam

italquam

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great deal! That's the model I used, the pump is pretty bulletproof as is the rest of the skimmer. For that price, I'd install that and tune it as appropriate for your bioload. Keep in mind the water depth of your sump has a big impact on tuning that skimmer. Follow the manual for recommended depth.
Any idea of where I can find a manual

Top Shelf Aquatics
Top Shelf Aquatics

Sabellafella

5000 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ok so I am wondering is the Supermarin 250 Skimmer from Bubble King is good for a Fish only with live rock tank, which will have Picasso Trigger, Black Trigger, Bicolor ANGEL, Sailfin Tang, Flame Hawk and will most likely add a few more fish over the next few months.

I also run a Turbo Aquatics algae scrubber on my tank.
You are absolutely fine. How big is the water volume?

The bubblekings you really want to base on bioload if your going up that large with the body. Should be more then sufficient enuff to fulfill what your looking for, throw a swabbie on it cause those fish sure do poop!

AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

FM
Back