Brown jelly on torch? Polyp bailout?

bubba005

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_5416.jpeg

I received this torch from an online order about a week and a half ago. It survived an extra day in transit due to a shipping delay, but arrived just fine and appeared healthy until now. All of the sudden, it appears to have declined steeply. Is this brown jelly disease? I need to know ASAP so I can know whether or not I need to pull the coral or if it has a chance

OP
OP
bubba005

bubba005

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_5416.jpeg

I received this torch from an online order about a week and a half ago. It survived an extra day in transit due to a shipping delay, but arrived just fine and appeared healthy until now. All of the sudden, it appears to have declined steeply. Is this brown jelly disease? I need to know ASAP so I can know whether or not I need to pull the coral or if it has a chance
I just threw the coral out, but now I’m second guessing myself and am wondering if it was just pooping? I need to know ASAP

twentyleagues

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_5416.jpeg

Unfortunately that looks like bjd. It was probably a goner. Its good you got rid of it. I have yet to save one once that far gone and I have tried all the things listed as helping. The only thing I have not done is treat the entire system with cipro.

Purpletang92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn’t look good the torch seems to have retracted a lot , there should be flesh at least a quarter of the way down the stalk. It looks like it’s melting. Can you place it in a container to observe it ? Don’t want that going all over the main tank

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back