Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll have to find the Reef Mag write up. Did the Marine Depot spotlight come out? And did Red Sea sign you to that free agent deal? If not I'm sure there's many a manufacturer that would. A ReefSavy/Broadfiled tag team might break some serious records ;)

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll have to find the Reef Mag write up. Did the Marine Depot spotlight come out? And did Red Sea sign you to that free agent deal? If not I'm sure there's many a manufacturer that would. A ReefSavy/Broadfiled tag team might break some serious records ;)

It's Reef Hobbyist Magazine... here's the PDF:)

http://www.reefhobbyistmagazine.com/magazines_files/64314c17210c549a854f1f1c7adce8b6-issue-42.pdf

I have not had a chance to shoot the video for the Marine Depot segment yet. My tank has actually been struggling for the last 2-3 months or so... I have lost several coral and many others are receding etc. I think I finally figured it out earlier this week though and things are looking better. I was really getting worried that it was going to keep getting worse and worse. I was racking my brain constantly, testing daily, agonizing about it and so on. I'm going to give it another 2 weeks just to make sure it is indeed on the mend, then I'll post my findings and the rest of the story here. But yeah, I was kind of waiting for it to get better before I shot the video.

As for Red Sea, I emailed customer support asking about a position and if they could direct my request to the appropriate contact. Shortly after, a couple of fellow reefers on this very site gave me Scott Kohler's email... the SR. V.P. Sales & Marketing for Red Sea North America. I emailed Scott directly, asking him for a position that doesn't exist at their company lol. I'm not even sure he knows of me or if he's aware of the Red Sea Reefer thread. Regardless, I tried to explain what I was hoping to do for the Red Sea team and how I thought I could be of help. I didn't really know how to approach it without sounding too forward... here's the email I sent:

"Hi Scott, hopefully this is an acceptable avenue to reach out to you… I was given your info by some fellow reefing hobbyists. I’m very interested in being a part of the Red Sea team. This is going to sound very straight forward and possibly presumptuous, but I'm really not sure how else to approach this. I noticed that there isn't a strong Red Sea presence, at least in North America, on the reef forums etc. I'm not sure if any sort of North American internet consultation and marketing position exists at Red Sea, specifically for forums, social media and the internet in general!?! I have seen first hand how many Red Sea Reefer series setups have been purchased due to my personal Red Sea Reefer setup and my overall support of the Red Sea brand on Reef2Reef. A lot of members on R2R have told me that I'm the sole reason they even got back into the hobby, thus purchasing a Reefer series tank. I can't imagine how much I could help your company, if it was my full-time job, to push and support your product across social media and as many forums and internet outlets as possible. I realize that this may be a unique request, but I feel that my love and support for your product, along with my exceptional luminary skills, would be best served as an actual employee of Red Sea. Sort of a liaison if you will, to the members on reef forums and so on. Please let me know if this is something you would be interested in talking more about.

Thank you,

Toby Broadfield"

Both customer support and Scott replied back within hours of them opening! Very impressive to say the least, but not surprising. Their customer support is always on point. Just another reason why I want to work for such a great company. Scott thought my idea about the proposed position was a good one. But unfortunately they are not in a position to add to the Red Sea team at the moment. He ended up sending me a bunch of free products and t-shirts. Totally not necessary, but again shows what type of company they are!

IMG_8398.JPG

Scott would like to meet me at MACNA, so hopefully I can chat a bit with him and push a little:D. I truly think I can help their brand, help sell their tanks and be on top of potential and current customer questions across R2R, social media etc. It would actually be a dream job for me.... and they would probably be floored by how little of a salary I would ask for:).

boozeman27

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Real nice write up Toby! I hope the Red Sea people are following and they can count me as one more Red Sea Reefer buyer that can thank you for the motivation and confidence in the Red Sea brand! You would be a natural as a social media consultant for the Red Sea Brand. Good luck and thanks for helping me in this wonderful hobby.

Avast

Aleks

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Read an amazing message to the company Red Sea. I do not know, maybe in North America, customer support works well, but for us there is not.
I wrote a few letters to them in order to get help in applying the product PO4NO3 in my aquarium, because there were problems
After the introduction of this product.
As a result, the response did not wait and decided to stop using this product.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for linking the Reef Hobbiest write up. Sorry to hear of your recent struggles, hopefully you got a hold of things now and righted the ship. The puzzles in this hobby are just endless.

No doubt you've inspired many to jump into Reefers. Count me as one of them. Everyone going to MACNA should hand them pictures of their tanks highlighting your Mods.

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Real nice write up Toby! I hope the Red Sea people are following and they can count me as one more Red Sea Reefer buyer that can thank you for the motivation and confidence in the Red Sea brand! You would be a natural as a social media consultant for the Red Sea Brand. Good luck and thanks for helping me in this wonderful hobby.

Thanks man, I really appreciate the support!

Lol, and if you dont need some of that beginner swag they gave you, I'll gladly take it! Lol;Smuggrin

LOL, I think you already have enough goodies coming from me;).

Read an amazing message to the company Red Sea. I do not know, maybe in North America, customer support works well, but for us there is not.
I wrote a few letters to them in order to get help in applying the product PO4NO3 in my aquarium, because there were problems
After the introduction of this product.
As a result, the response did not wait and decided to stop using this product.

That's unfortunate to hear... hopefully that was an isolated incident. It's very rare that I hear a negative customer support story concerning Red Sea.

Thanks for linking the Reef Hobbiest write up. Sorry to hear of your recent struggles, hopefully you got a hold of things now and righted the ship. The puzzles in this hobby are just endless.

No doubt you've inspired many to jump into Reefers. Count me as one of them. Everyone going to MACNA should hand them pictures of their tanks highlighting your Mods.

Again, thanks for the support! I love helping others where I can and a position with Red Sea would be the icing on the cake.

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scott thought my idea about the proposed position was a good one. But unfortunately they are not in a position to add to the Red Sea team at the moment.

This means that in the background he is discussing this will HR and any other appropriate parties! These companies aren't dumb and SR VP's didn't get there by chance!!!! If you need help on the YouTube front when you get the job let me know!

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This means that in the background he is discussing this will HR and any other appropriate parties! These companies aren't dumb and SR VP's didn't get there by chance!!!! If you need help on the YouTube front when you get the job let me know!

Well I hope you're right my friend. I'll be bringing my resume to MACNA... just in case I feel the need to hand a copy to someone.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
I like it all except the part about you posting on other forums. Sorry but I get jealous! HAHA! :p

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it all except the part about you posting on other forums. Sorry but I get jealous! HAHA! :p

Yeah, unfortunately I don't think Red Sea would pay me to solely cruise R2R for them... I wish though! This is the only forum I post on though aside from a couple of small local forums. Don't worry, I'm faithful:)

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May have already been covered in this thread but, where did you get the blue handle valves?

All of mine are red... unless I'm color blind and they have been blue this whole time lolo_O

Avast
AquaCave

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Subscribe to ReefStache so you don't miss out!
Back