+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:

Had a salinity issue with an uncalibrated refractometer. It got down to 1.022. Slowly brought it back to 1.026. This could be why i loss some color in a few frags.

Im trying a new light setting based on another user. I also dialed back the intensity considering my LFS only uses blues on their tanks maxed out at 290 PAR. The Kenya tree wasnt opening at all so i think it was because my lights were way to intense.

The Yellow cup was beginning to shade other corals so i reworked a bunch of frags. Hopefully wont have to move and change anything for a while.

Started dosing nitrates and are now steady at 5ppm. Also started adding Red Sea AB. Everything seems to be growing well. Just waiting to get some color back in the birdsnest and acro.View attachment 3062030
Hey I’m extremely interested in that weir/overflow guard you have. Can you give any leads where I can get my hands on one?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:

Had a salinity issue with an uncalibrated refractometer. It got down to 1.022. Slowly brought it back to 1.026. This could be why i loss some color in a few frags.

Im trying a new light setting based on another user. I also dialed back the intensity considering my LFS only uses blues on their tanks maxed out at 290 PAR. The Kenya tree wasnt opening at all so i think it was because my lights were way to intense.

The Yellow cup was beginning to shade other corals so i reworked a bunch of frags. Hopefully wont have to move and change anything for a while.

Started dosing nitrates and are now steady at 5ppm. Also started adding Red Sea AB. Everything seems to be growing well. Just waiting to get some color back in the birdsnest and acro.View attachment 3062030
Tank's looking great! Cup looks great in it's new spot so it's not shading as much! Do you just have the 2 clowns in there, or any other livestock?

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:

Progress is looking good!!!

OP
OP
B

BZreef16

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank's looking great! Cup looks great in it's new spot so it's not shading as much! Do you just have the 2 clowns in there, or any other livestock?
I have a clown, 6-line and 2 blue hermits. I lost the emerald crab from what i think was a salinity swing then lost a peppermint shrimp from the 6-line being a bully

OfficeReefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great to hear; I order the Deskmate; I'm not a fan of filter sucks.

I'm awaiting one of these shelves now. However, I'm not entirely sure it will work as my sock area appears more of a permanent design on first glance.

LaurenceC

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm awaiting one of these shelves now. However, I'm not entirely sure it will work as my sock area appears more of a permanent design on first glance.
Good luck. I'm not using mine as you have to pull everything out the middle chamber and slide it under the sock area. When it needs cleaning you'll have to once again remove eveything from the middle chamber and pull it out.

Top Shelf Aquatics

capnjazz

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
B

BZreef16

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

immo

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct this is it. Remember to cut the old slates out. Otherwise this will only bottleneck the flow further. Dremel works great.
Which seemed attachment did you use? I have had some horror stories trying to cut acrylic. I have a basket that I modeled for my Deskmate to go under a filter basket with a dead spot in the bottom for what I hope will be an anaerobic area for denitrification if anyone would want that. I will try to post pictures of it tomorrow if I don’t have one on my phone.

immo

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0B9C56E1-33EC-4E8C-AAFC-7202BF38631F.jpeg

OP
OP
B

BZreef16

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which seemed attachment did you use? I have had some horror stories trying to cut acrylic. I have a basket that I modeled for my Deskmate to go under a filter basket with a dead spot in the bottom for what I hope will be an anaerobic area for denitrification if anyone would want that. I will try to post pictures of it tomorrow if I don’t have one on my phone.
That's great, Let us know how it works.

I had a diamond cutting wheel but I'm sure the plastic cutting wheel would work as well. I drained about a gallon and tapped the back to try and keep it from getting into the water. Didn't work, but I managed to pick up the remaining scrap and catch it in the filter.

Top Shelf Aquatics

immo

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's great, Let us know how it works.

I had a diamond cutting wheel but I'm sure the plastic cutting wheel would work as well. I drained about a gallon and tapped the back to try and keep it from getting into the water. Didn't work, but I managed to pick up the remaining scrap and catch it in the filter.
So far, no major improvements. I have been struggling with nitrates in this tank for quite some time, so I hope it works, but we will see. Nonetheless, I really like how it keeps everything neat, and tidy, plus the water is pretty well forced through it as well.

I plan to cut mine out in the near future, just haven't because I don't really want to deal with the lip on the top of it interfering with my covers that I made for mine.

LeannaBanana

Fishies and Frenchies
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
B

BZreef16

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome tank this is my inspiration for my own tank where did you get the file for the filter cup?

Not sure if this is the exact one ^^ but I did get it from this site. Super glued the top ring to the base.

I use a small amount of floss to keep it from getting clogged

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Queen City Corals
Back