Black Red Nudibranch

hiepwan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear all

I just got this black red Nudibranch
Anyone know the exact name of this Nudibranch please ?
What do they eat?
Do they eat corals?
Do they poison corals or fishes when being threatened?
Thanks
230ef90728bb0e9383c9562cbc67a1e2.jpg

ISpeakForTheSeas

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear all

I just got this black red Nudibranch
Anyone know the exact name of this Nudibranch please ?
What do they eat?
Do they eat corals?
Do they poison corals or fishes when being threatened?
Thanks
230ef90728bb0e9383c9562cbc67a1e2.jpg
Unfortunately, while I have seen this species around, not even the experts are sure of the exact species- it's almost certainly a Nembrotha species, but there are of number of species in the genus it might be, including a few undescribed species. Personally, I'm inclined to suspect it's an undescribed species, but I don't know for sure.

The species I've read about that are similar to this one feed on specific colonial tunicates (Sigillina spp., including S. signifera), so I would assume this one would too. Unfortunately, this critter will starve in your tank.

I doubt they would poison anything (at least without being eaten alive), and they won't eat any corals.

Anyway, if you just got it and it actually resembles the species in the picture, could you take a bunch of different photos of the critter from a bunch of different angles (top, side, front, etc.) under white lighting while it's in a container of tank water? Described or not, good pics of species like this would be useful to the community for learning about it.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back