Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I watched a great YouTube video that tested the par of the biocube light in different areas of the tank and it ranged from about 50-350. Higher and closer to the center were the higher readings. The readings above are at the highest intensity LC1+LC2+LC3 I assume. In an effort to acclimate certain corals, I was wondering if anyone has tested the LC2-sunrise/sunset par. I would guess maybe the sunset/sunrise would be similar from light to light in the sense that it’s say half the par of the daylight setting, hypothetically speaking. Just wondering if anyone knows what their own par difference is between the daylight and sunrise/sunset settings?

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about some help here please :)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So I watched a great YouTube video that tested the par of the biocube light in different areas of the tank and it ranged from about 50-350. Higher and closer to the center were the higher readings. The readings above are at the highest intensity LC1+LC2+LC3 I assume. In an effort to acclimate certain corals, I was wondering if anyone has tested the LC2-sunrise/sunset par. I would guess maybe the sunset/sunrise would be similar from light to light in the sense that it’s say half the par of the daylight setting, hypothetically speaking. Just wondering if anyone knows what their own par difference is between the daylight and sunrise/sunset settings?
Standard bio cube used compact flourescents but a retrofit has become available known as " Steves LED " and has been reported to support types of coral. Im nor familiar with the LC version

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

kevgib67

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure about sunrise and sunset but this is what I found when researching par for my Biocube 32.
B6504C75-A808-4494-B160-2E0DBAE2BA2C.jpeg

Dexter922

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added 21 usa leds and this what I found with them. The blue ones are with the additional leds and red is with the standard lights.View attachment 3019355
What size and how many did you add? I’m actually looking to do the same right now.
did you mount them under the standard biocube hood? I read reports of them running very hot?

Top Shelf Aquatics

Dexter922

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 - 12 inch. I haven’t experienced them running hot and i clean the surface each week. I hope the pic helps. Feel free to hit me up with any other questions.View attachment 3051286View attachment 3051287
2 - 12 inch. I haven’t experienced them running hot and i clean the surface each week. I hope the pic helps. Feel free to hit me up with any other questions.View attachment 3051286View attachment 3051287
Appreciate it. Just ordered them today. Very happy I came across your post. Was about to cave in and change out the entire light with a Steve’s led kit. I hear great things about that kit, But it was more then I wanted to drop right now.

KLM

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Top Shelf Aquatics

Dexter922

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All good on my end. Called owner. Bad power supply. Was able to get one from Amazon next day and they are reimbursing me for the cost of power cable. Installed. Lights looking good. Still playing with and learning how to set up the sun setter.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Flatlower

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate it. Just ordered them today. Very happy I came across your post. Was about to cave in and change out the entire light with a Steve’s led kit. I hear great things about that kit, But it was more then I wanted to drop right now.
how did you fasten them to the hood? I just bough the same setup with the sunsetter control. I like the results you showed.

I'm getting slow coral growth and i can't really control algae completely. My nitrate and phosphates are so low with the API test kit aren't readable. I need to get a hanna. I run a refuge with high lighting for 14 hrs. 80% corals are popping decent. But i want more blue and be able to turn channel one off more.

Flatlower

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:
Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back