Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I'm coming back to this thread because I am seeing more and more nems. I'm thinking of pulling the rock I have out, soak it in either vinegar, lemon juice or similar, clean it up and replace. Do you guys know how long to soak it? What concentration? Or can I just replace the rock, theres sps corals but an lfs has real reef live rock and I only need like 10lbs for this tank..

Or I can try peppermint heh.. ty

Corals.com

Tim92G

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it didn't end well for my shrimps. Found them both dead today. All other inverts seem fine, I may run a copper test just to see if there was any cross contamination with my qt tank. But my large hermit had one in its grasp, he was eating it like an apple and wouldn't let go of him. Would the hermit have killed the shrimp?
It's possible that they died from starvation if you have a large cleanup crew.

Wait did you just buy the peppermint shrimps? If so then they most likely died from shock due to acclimation.

catiebartholomew

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep it simple:

Using syringe, inject either lemon juice or better yet. . kalkwasser powder mixed with tank water into a paste the consistency of toothpaste and inject into the very center core and it will melt away
can i squirt lemon juice at the aiptasia in the tank (13 gal)? or do i need to remove the rock? is squirting lemon juice or hydrogen peroxide at the aiptasia sufficient or does it need to be injected ? i have only a singular head at the moment and i don’t want to treat it incorrectly as to cause a spread.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
can i squirt lemon juice at the aiptasia in the tank (13 gal)? or do i need to remove the rock? is squirting lemon juice or hydrogen peroxide at the aiptasia sufficient or does it need to be injected ? i have only a singular head at the moment and i don’t want to treat it incorrectly as to cause a spread.
Yes - its acidic but dissolves quickly especially on the little amount that enters the tank
The idea is to smother the very center core of each one

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
A

Aluco

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea the peppermint shrimp I have right now is actually eating them. There's still a couple here and there but he's prolly eaten between 12-20 aiptasia including the big one that started the spread. Very pleasantly surprised after reading how hit and miss they are. It did take one or two months but he's been awesome.

Roatan Reef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
F-Aiptasia.

Close Thread!

Now, please be advised, on ledges and non flat surfaces, not so much, as it will drip down and burn coral.

However, I got 2 things for you.

1A. On any flat surface Rock, or anywhere in tank...F-Aiptasia is the business!!

1B. No flat surface? Rock Edge? Afraid or frying corals below?

Get Coral Putty, make a ball, stuff center with F-Aiptasia and plug Aiptasia!!...Winning!

I have never used a better product!

Honest to to God

Best product ever@

Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
A Reef Creation
Back