Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It was an amazing family vacation, George. We love the Lido Key/St. Armands area.
Looks like you had a wonderful trip Tim!

We did not make it to the Mote Aquarium this time around. Had planned to visit if we had a bad weather day.
Sweet did you visit the mote Marine lab

Thank you very much for the compliment and look forward to seeing your build thread as well.
Awesomeness! Tankn is coming along really well! I hope my build is half as great as yours!

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

alcommander

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
aquavista99: I have just started reading this trend and have jumped back and forth through pages. Well thought-out and professionally done. I have spoken with Felix as well as text on occasions and I cannot say enough good about this family. Not only are they one of the nicest family on the planet.... you get so much integrity and knowledge with them. They have been through some rough times with family sickness but they always keep their head held high. I would encourage anyone to be patient and take that extra step to have the honor of owning a Reef Savvy. Hats off to you and your family. I know you have enjoyed this journey.

OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you very much for the amazing compliment and I am sure Felix & family appreciate the well-deserved compliment as well. It has been an absolute pleasure working with the entire Reef Savvy family over the years.

aquavista99: I have just started reading this trend and have jumped back and forth through pages. Well thought-out and professionally done. I have spoken with Felix as well as text on occasions and I cannot say enough good about this family. Not only are they one of the nicest family on the planet.... you get so much integrity and knowledge with them. They have been through some rough times with family sickness but they always keep their head held high. I would encourage anyone to be patient and take that extra step to have the honor of owning a Reef Savvy. Hats off to you and your family. I know you have enjoyed this journey.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I wish you could see my pictures too!!! Unfortunately, it is NOT a bandwidth limit issue at all. A few days ago, without any advance notice, Photobucket changed its terms of service and NOW blocks all third-party hosted images, UNLESS you pay them $399 per year to unlock this previously free feature.

https://www.ghacks.net/2017/06/30/photobucket-now-charges-399-for-third-party-hosted-images/

Hmm.. I wish I could see your pics. It looks like your photobucket reached the access limit.

Last edited:

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I wish you could see my pictures too!!! Unfortunately, it is NOT a bandwidth limit issue at all. A few days ago, without any advance notice, Photobucket changed its terms of service and NOW blocks all third-party hosted images, UNLESS you pay them $399 per year to unlock this previously free feature. It looks like I need to find a new photo hosting provider now.

https://www.ghacks.net/2017/06/30/photobucket-now-charges-399-for-third-party-hosted-images/
Wow...that sucks. Maybe consider uploading directly to R2R. No worries then about any future restrictions on pics loaded into your thread.

OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for the suggestion! My first direct uploaded picture on this thread will be my original Orange Crush mother colony image. I have had this same coral with me since 2006.

Wow...that sucks. Maybe consider uploading directly to R2R. No worries then about any future restrictions on pics loaded into your thread.

AV99OrangeCrushMotherColony.jpg

Last edited:
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

tcarter1936

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the suggestion! My first direct uploaded picture on this thread will be my original Orange Crush mother colony image. I have had this same coral with me since 2006.

View attachment 541979
More like mother ship, lol that is a massive colony great job!

OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Photobucket will NOT derail my build thread on R2R! All my images are backed up on my hard drive and on the cloud as well.

Talk about lame with all the images! I wanted to go back and see your basement growout setup

Last edited:
AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
cleardot.gif

It is going to take some time (ie, weeks or even months) to edit every single page of my build thread but the goal is to restore the thread in its entirety by deleting all the obsolete photobucket images and replace them by uploading directly to R2R. The first page has already been fixed.

Hmm.. I wish I could see your pics. It looks like your photobucket reached the access limit.

Talk about lame with all the images! I wanted to go back and see your basement growout setup

reefwiser

LMAS
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
R2R image hosting makes sure images don't get messed up. I know this as I used Dropbox to host my images and they changed their rules and broke links to my images too. [emoji51]

Cbenner

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like an awsome project Tim I just have two questions and excuse my ignorance I'm sure you planned for this already. First: are you going to trust more than 3 tons of wait on 8 standing 4×4's because I don't see the inner 1×4'S supporting any weight since they aren't even notched to the 4x4's and neither are the 2x4's in the center. Second: It's a 4ft wide tank I hope You're not planning to put it against a wall I have a 3ft wide tank and I have a hard time every time I want to reach or move anything in the rear

Jesus, I might be a little late on a response here. I'm not one that spends much time on forums.
The stand built here is solid Poplar 16/4 leg stock, and all crossmember stock is 8/4 stock. This entire stand is mortise and tennon construction and pinned from the inside so not to be seen,
Pictures do not show the actual joinery of this stand.
Under the tank is solid 1" that I hand rabbited into the top not to be seen from the outer edge.

BRS
Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
In addition to making the best custom built aquarium stands in the industry, you are very humble too. Your quality work and attention to details speaks volumes my friend. Thanks again, Chris! @Cbenner

Just a furniture maker that loves the hobby also!

OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Glad the Orange Crush (Scientific Name: Acropora florida) found its way to your reef too. For best results, try moving the coral to higher light and provide lots of indirect flow.

Hey Aqua, I've got a piece of your orange crush acro and can't seem to get the orange tips to show up. Does it need high light as well as high flow? Any tips?

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Buckeye
Back