Ato system

chases

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Building my new ato got a 2 gallon holder for my 10 gallon tank and wondering some things. Do I need a heater or filter or anything extra for it? And I got water from pet co that said it was aquarium ready should that be okay for the system?

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Building my new ato got a 2 gallon holder for my 10 gallon tank and wondering some things. Do I need a heater or filter or anything extra for it? And I got water from pet co that said it was aquarium ready should that be okay for the system?
Safer to buy distilled water and mix your own saltwater. Then you know what you have. No heater or filter required for ato, fill it with the distilled water.

ShakeyGizzard

RedNeck Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope that was freshwater you got from Petco, ATO uses freshwater not salt water.

gastone

I dig chicks with rics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No reason to heat. Should be using low TDS water. I'd ask Petco if you can put a TDS meter on it to see what it's reading. Ideally 0. Whatever you are using for your ato should pump in small amounts of water at a time. Will keep your salinity in check and the temp change would be minimal, if even measurable.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back