Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watched a video about par loss due to specific color backgrounds. Currently looking for a background for my 150. Not having much luck finding one that size. What do you all do for the back of your tank? Paint? Printed backgrounds? Post pics and good places to get some.

Nutramar Foods

John Bolden

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watched a video about par loss due to specific color backgrounds. Currently looking for a background for my 150. Not having much luck finding one that size. What do you all do for the back of your tank? Paint? Printed backgrounds? Post pics and good places to get some.
Ive never heard of that hmm who posted the video? I have vinyl on the back of mine any vinyl sticker will do.

Nutramar Foods

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Black, Blue is reserved for the LFS :)

JC1977

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tape off the rest of tank get a can of black spray paint like krylon fusion. It works just as good.

OP
OP
NateRen

NateRen

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive never heard of that hmm who posted the video? I have vinyl on the back of mine any vinyl sticker will do.
Bulk reef supply posted a video. They used multiple color backings with a par meter. Used a laser as well to see what each color did as light hit it. Was really interesting. Painted black was the worst. Resulting in a 28% par loss. I would like to use vinyl but can’t find one that’s 72x28

CLICK TO VIEW
OP
OP
NateRen

NateRen

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bulk reef supply posted a video. They used multiple color backings with a par meter. Used a laser as well to see what each color did as light hit it. Was really interesting. Painted black was the worst. Resulting in a 28% par loss. I would like to use vinyl but can’t find one that’s 72x28
I was looking at aquarium vinyl but for my size the background would be $200

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Nutramar Foods
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Mhamilton0911

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Window tinting works well. Can find in larger sizes too if the auto sizes are not big enough, look for residential window tinting.

Easy to apply with water slide method. Or if your tank is empty, you can take it to a tint shop and they can do it for you.

That's what I used and I love it. You can still see through the 5% just a little if you have light on the other side but it mostly just looks solid black.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Deltec
Back