Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone i’m looking into possibly painting the back of my tank and was wondering if i should or not. Like what are the pros and cons of this and is it good to do? Cause i’ve seen many with a black background and a few with none. so i was wondering which i should go with. So if anyone could resound that would be amazing and thank you all!!

World Wide Corals
Nutramar Foods

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you look into your aquarium you want to be immersed in the life of the aquarium. Seeing cords and plumbing, behind the aquascape is not sexy. Various light, reflections and shimmers between the back panel of the tank, the crap behind the tank, and the walls behind the crap - all are detracting from the beauty within the box.

Take a few minutes and paint the back of your tank. Keep the focus of the aquarium on what's inside the box not what's behind or around it.

And take it even one step further, and do like I did, and make the back of your aquarium part of the aquascape by mounting rock to the back wall of the tank and adding more corals and life on the back wall to give your aquarium a real depth of field from front to back, and take away the issue of the pretty back wall getting covered with algae and making the tank look dirty.

Dave B
750g - Rock Wall 1 - Low Res  14.jpg

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
K

kadruy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you look into your aquarium you want to be immersed in the life of the aquarium. Seeing cords and plumbing, behind the aquascape is not sexy. Various light, reflections and shimmers between the back panel of the tank, the crap behind the tank, and the walls behind the crap - all are detracting from the beauty within the box.

Take a few minutes and paint the back of your tank. Keep the focus of the aquarium on what's inside the box not what's behind or around it.

And take it even one step further, and do like I did, and make the back of your aquarium part of the aquascape by mounting rock to the back wall of the tank and adding more corals and life on the back wall to give your aquarium a real depth of field from front to back, and take away the issue of the pretty back wall getting covered with algae and making the tank look dirty.

Dave B
View attachment 3114768
thank you so much this was very helpful!!

Nutramar Foods
Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

First Choice
Back