Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just added 4 ml of D-Tox to my 45 c-vue because I accidentally left my scraper a couple inches below the water line and it started showing rust on the blade Saturday. It's above now but wanted to know if anybody had any experience because the tint in setting is wicked to the point I went ahead and threw a bag of carbon in. Is the heavy tiny normal or should just do a water change and prime after it clears. Ocean arts doesn't really have any info on this product which what the heck.

World Wide Corals

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just added 4 ml of D-Tox to my 45 c-vue because I accidentally left my scraper a couple inches below the water line and it started showing rust on the blade Saturday. It's above now but wanted to know if anybody had any experience because the tint in setting is wicked to the point I went ahead and threw a bag of carbon in. Is the heavy tiny normal or should just do a water change and prime after it clears. Ocean arts doesn't really have any info on this product which what the heck.

I tried to find the ingredients for this product online, no luck. What color is the "tint"? I'm guessing that they use EDTA to bind with metals and sequester them, but that doesn't change the color of the water.

A little bit of rust from a scraper blade is of no real worry. Copper, zinc and other metals are highly toxic, but iron/steel is not very toxic and is often bound up with other compounds fairly quickly.

One thing I try to do is to never add a chemical to my aquarium if the ingredients are unknown.

Jay

OP
OP
Pridedcloth3

Pridedcloth3

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to find the ingredients for this product online, no luck. What color is the "tint"? I'm guessing that they use EDTA to bind with metals and sequester them, but that doesn't change the color of the water.

A little bit of rust from a scraper blade is of no real worry. Copper, zinc and other metals are highly toxic, but iron/steel is not very toxic and is often bound up with other compounds fairly quickly.

One thing I try to do is to never add a chemical to my aquarium if the ingredients are unknown.

Jay
It's a brownish tint that finally cleared up. After 24 hours with fresh carbon. More or less a I finally get to try it something new, oh 2 drops and it almost looks like tannins in the water. I'm guessing it didn't hurt anything though because I'm having a normal start of the day. But noted, though I'm still curious. With everything not being bothered I may frag some softies in the future and start a tap water nano just to pull get a icp done and see how some weeds deal.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Reef Kinetics
Back