Another t-slot stand design (and question)

rtparty

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
When I was having my aluminum stand designed I learned some things from the company designing mine. Fasteners are SUPER important with T slot. Cheap/weak fasteners and the whole stand will fold in on itself.

I am not versed enough in planning these things out but just wanted to reiterate that using quality fasteners is super important with t slot. You can see them here:

IMG_20210815_152549_01_Original.jpeg

OP
OP
C

cartery

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I was having my aluminum stand designed I learned some things from the company designing mine. Fasteners are SUPER important with T slot. Cheap/weak fasteners and the whole stand will fold in on itself.

I am not versed enough in planning these things out but just wanted to reiterate that using quality fasteners is super important with t slot. You can see them here:

IMG_20210815_152549_01_Original.jpeg
Very cool stand! Thanks for sharing this. It looks like you have corner braces and then another set of brackets right below each end. Is that right?

Marcus H.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rtparty on your well designed stand all of the force is passed straight to the floor. A compression force is felt on your vertical beams. You fasteners have minimal stress on them (absent an earthquake :) )

Those fasteners look like they are meant to mount a panel to sheath it?

rtparty

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Very cool stand! Thanks for sharing this. It looks like you have corner braces and then another set of brackets right below each end. Is that right?

Rtparty on your well designed stand all of the force is passed straight to the floor. A compression force is felt on your vertical beams. You fasteners have minimal stress on them (absent an earthquake :) )

Those fasteners look like they are meant to mount a panel to sheath it?

Under the 90º fasteners were brackets that I was going to use to hold up panels to skin the stand. I never figured out a clean way to mount everything so I settled for french cleats to hold up the skin pieces. I never installed everything though.

This is the best pic I have immediately on hand

IMG_1039.jpeg

Marcus H.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you use a veneered plywood for the panels? Looks great by the way!

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back