Anemone

Icemanzz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone I have a 15 gallon tank with 2 clowns in it for about a week now I was just wonder how long would it be till I can add an anemone in or torch corals. The tank has also been running for about 3 weeks today all my levels look good. also should I do my first water weekly water change on the one month mark of my tank.

Dbichler

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a 15 gallon tank only get a bta don’t get any others they will be too large for that size tank. Yes wait at a minimum 6 months better yet a year. They really need stable parameters, even waterchanges at this size tank if not perfect can irritate them and then they go down hill. Downside to bta is they split often and will overtake your tank fast.

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone I have a 15 gallon tank with 2 clowns in it for about a week now I was just wonder how long would it be till I can add an anemone in or torch corals. The tank has also been running for about 3 weeks today all my levels look good. also should I do my first water weekly water change on the one month mark of my tank.
The longer you are able to patiently wait, the better the anemones chances will be. But I agree with at least 6 months.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once coraline algae starts becoming an issue rather than a welcomed sight, you're ready for both.

Also there is no guarantee the anemone will even host the clowns. Mine took over 2 years. Just forewarning.

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once coraline algae starts becoming an issue rather than a welcomed sight, you're ready for both.

Also there is no guarantee the anemone will even host the clowns. Mine took over 2 years. Just forewarning.
Yep! Mine took close to a year. And one STILL isn't there

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back