Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my tank set up for about two months at this point, and I have a ton of snails and crabs doing perfectly fine, with perfect parameter's. I am soon moving my Black Ocellaris, and Snowflake Ocellaris clownfish into my DT. What Anemone should i put into the tank, or is it too early? If its too early what anemone should i look into getting?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my tank set up for about two months at this point, and I have a ton of snails and crabs doing perfectly fine, with perfect parameter's. I am soon moving my Black Ocellaris, and Snowflake Ocellaris clownfish into my DT. What Anemone should i put into the tank, or is it too early? If its too early what anemone should i look into getting?
Way too early. Wait at least a year for best chance of success.

CLICK TO VIEW

OrionN

Anemones
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on the species of anemone. The tank is stable enough, but are you able to keep your tank stable, and good at observation to know what to do to keep your chosen anemone species happy?
Right now, I would avoid hard to keep species like H. magnifica, S. gigantea, possible M. doreensis. You can try S. haddoni, H. crispa or H. malu, E.quadricolor.

OP
OP
M

mjscooby717

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on the species of anemone. The tank is stable enough, but are you able to keep your tank stable, and good at observation to know what to do to keep your chosen anemone species happy?
Right now, I would avoid hard to keep species like H. magnifica, S. gigantea, possible M. doreensis. You can try S. haddoni, H. crispa or H. malu, E.quadricolor.
will the s harddoni or e quadricolor sufficiently host a snowflake ocellaris and black ocellaris?

ReefBoost

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would start with a rose bubble tip (RBTA) once the tank is mature and stable water params. Had good luck myself with my Darwin and DaVinci clowns taking to it. Always hard to wait :(

ReefBoost

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1702.jpeg

OrionN

Anemones
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
will the s harddoni or e quadricolor sufficiently host a snowflake ocellaris and black ocellaris?
They are not natural hosts, but most of the time Ocellaris will choose them as hosts. Not 100% of the time however.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine took over 2 years before wanting anything to do with my multiple nems. All while trying every trick I could find on the internet.

For all of my trouble I need a chain mail suit any time my hands are in the tank. They became very territorial.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Dr. Reefs Quarantined Fish
Back