Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bubble tip was touching the front and back of my tank before it split. That’s 24 inches.
We both know that's the exception, not the rule.

Bta's normally don't get to 12" much less 24". My Sherman would I'm sure. I've seen it 18" pre split but everyday run of the mill BTA don't do that.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We both know that's the exception, not the rule.

Bta's normally don't get to 12" much less 24". My Sherman would I'm sure. I've seen it 18" pre split but everyday run of the mill BTA don't do that.

Just to clarify, the body isn’t 24, they just get those long tentacles and she really stretches them out. Although the body is still decent size. One is some sort to rose and the other is a green one.

I don’t feed them (my clowns do sometimes) but they sure take up space.

I did find a large indo gold torch would keep the nem from stretching. They would always have an inch space between their tentacles. Kind of wild tbh.

Not saying not to put it in a 20, that’s where mine started but be aware they can take up some good space and give kisses of death (unless you are a torch).

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to clarify, the body isn’t 24, they just get those long tentacles and she really stretches them out. Although the body is still decent size. One is some sort to rose and the other is a green one.

I don’t feed them (my clowns do sometimes) but they sure take up space.

I did find a large indo gold torch would keep the nem from stretching. They would always have an inch space between their tentacles. Kind of wild tbh.
I've got a bunch of WWC-W.W.Rainbows that gets some Stretchy arms. They're all AT&T

Avast
OP
OP
Enad

Enad

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again, I'm rooting for you, that Could work But, you'd have to get the nem set in the light and flow it wants. If you change flow, it very well may walk. are you planning on an upgrade any time?

If not, an LTA is probably best left at the LFS. One can, and will eventually be a foot across. That's a large portion of the display space.

Yeah, this is an important element. It seems like there's pros and cons to both types. I believe a LTA would be happy in the light and flow spectrum where that bowl is, but the question is would it be happy with that amount of sand and the lack of a super deep nook to stick its foot into. Probably not, so maybe the BTA is just the better option. Like @Tamberav said, once it splits I can always keep the smaller piece and start over.

exnisstech

2500 Club Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tamberav said, once it splits I can always keep the smaller piece and start over.
Or if it keeps splitting you can keep starting over :face-with-tears-of-joy: When I started I had 3 bubble tips and at one point I had 48. I ended up taking them to the LFS for credit. I havent had a split in the last few years. Not sure why but I think tank maturity may play a part :thinking-face:

OP
OP
Enad

Enad

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm thinking I'll go pick up a BTA at my LFS today. They have a decent selection. I'm torn between getting an investment piece, like a Colorado or Chicago Sunrise where I can sell back as it splits over the years...or just getting a small 1-2" Rose or Rainbow for $50. The latter is probably the better idea but I'm curious what you guys think.

Avast

InformerAnts

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm thinking I'll go pick up a BTA at my LFS today. They have a decent selection. I'm torn between getting an investment piece, like a Colorado or Chicago Sunrise where I can sell back as it splits over the years...or just getting a small 1-2" Rose or Rainbow for $50. The latter is probably the better idea but I'm curious what you guys think.
I bought an Ultra RBT and I'm in love. His colors are amazing and my cleaner hosts it instead of my clowns lol. Hope this helps make your decision!

20230407_113351.jpg

DannoOMG

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The long tentacle anemone that was sold to me as a green bubble tip (cause I couldn't tell) has killed 3 corals in my 90 gallon work tank including a lovely hammer coral. My suggestion is to not get a LTA unless you have a lot of sand and a lot of room. They can roam and be a nuisance.

OP
OP
Enad

Enad

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ended up getting a Chicago Sunburst, got a nice deal from the shop as I'm a frequent customer. It's already settling in within an hour and looks to be quite happy. Hopefully he will be a good Anemone and stay put in his rock bowl :)

Attachments

• IMG-6710.jpg
    IMG-6710.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG-6712.jpg
    IMG-6712.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 43
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

bradleym

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ended up getting a Chicago Sunburst, got a nice deal from the shop as I'm a frequent customer. It's already settling in within an hour and looks to be quite happy. Hopefully he will be a good Anemone and stay put in his rock bowl :)
It's a gorgeous anemone, and a great choice among BTAs. Fair warning, these look like places it will end up feeling most comfortable, and so it may walk around looking for spots like this in the next few days/weeks.

IMG-6712~2.jpg

InformerAnts

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's stunning. Making me want another anemone but I'm pretty sure I can't have any more in my tank unless I want problems.

OP
OP
Enad

Enad

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Much to my surprise, my new buddy has stayed put in his rock bowl since dropping him in yesterday morning. He seems super happy, and I've been feeding him bits of LRS to incentivize his good behavior. Hopefully he continues to be a good anemone and stay put.

Attachments

• IMG-6718.jpg
    IMG-6718.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG-6719.jpg
    IMG-6719.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG-6721.jpg
    IMG-6721.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 24
Corals.com

PhxScubaDesertRat

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
killer choice looks great. im in love with nems. just a couple of shots of my two tanks.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    77.4 KB · Views: 14
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    83.4 KB · Views: 15
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    83 KB · Views: 16

OrionN

Anemones
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LTA is a sand be anemone and require a deep sand bed. They do not move to the rock. They move if they are in happy.
BTA is easier but tend to move a lot and I cannot easily predict an BTA will or will not move.
for Sam tank, consider a H. malu. It will stay small, readily host Ocellaris and can be very beautiful. It stays in the sand and will not cause problem walking and killing your corals.

I guess i am a little late to the party. Good luck with your anemone. Beautiful one at that.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Aluco

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LTA is a sand be anemone and require a deep sand bed. They do not move to the rock. They move if they are in happy.
BTA is easier but tend to move a lot and I cannot easily predict an BTA will or will not move.
for Sam tank, consider a H. malu. It will stay small, readily host Ocellaris and can be very beautiful. It stays in the sand and will not cause problem walking and killing your corals.

I guess i am a little late to the party. Good luck with your anemone. Beautiful one at that.
Is that a sebae?

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Much to my surprise, my new buddy has stayed put in his rock bowl since dropping him in yesterday morning. He seems super happy, and I've been feeding him bits of LRS to incentivize his good behavior. Hopefully he continues to be a good anemone and stay put.
How’s this played out?

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back