Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello. my tank is 5 months old, and is doing quiet well. I want to get a anemone for my ocellaris clownfish pair. I really like the anemone ritteri and have read about it a lot. now the question is;

would it be dumb to get an ritteri, because it requires so much work?

is there any similar anemones (not the bta pls)

World Wide Corals

D-Nak

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The hardest part is finding a healthy specimen. They're not uncommon, but if you do find one you'll probably need to quarantine it, most likely with an antibiotic treatment,. Once healthy, they're almost bullet-proof, assuming you give it the proper environment--clean water in a high flow area, lots of lighting, and a flat rock for it to perch on top.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
TbSaysNo

TbSaysNo

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The hardest part is finding a healthy specimen. They're not uncommon, but if you do find one you'll probably need to quarantine it, most likely with an antibiotic treatment,. Once healthy, they're almost bullet-proof, assuming you give it the proper environment--clean water in a high flow area, lots of lighting, and a flat rock for it to perch on top.
would it be dumb to get one if I started my tank in June with live rock? I have not had any other anemones but my parameters are perfect and I have plenty of Coraline algae... my lights are also good enough, and I have random flow setting on my wave maker...

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would it be dumb to get one if I started my tank in June with live rock? I have not had any other anemones but my parameters are perfect and I have plenty of Coraline algae... my lights are also good enough, and I have random flow setting on my wave maker...
I don't think dumb is the word I would use. Your tank is right at the time when an anemone could work. For new reefers it's easier to just say closer to a year old. If you started with established live rock, that changes the time-line.

D-Nak

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's funny that you mentioned coralline, because I typically say that it's fine to add anemones after you have a decent amount of coralline growth since it usually means that the cycling period is done and the tank is relatively stable.

AquaCave Logo Banner

LyssaRanay

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Ritteri needs a lot of light and a ton of flow. Sometimes you can find them at petco for about 35 bucks which isn’t a huge loss monetarily. I would try a BTA before doing a Ritteri. I had a Ritteri as my first nem and well he took a walk into the power head. A sad but learning experience for me. I only have BTA’s.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
World Wide Corals
Back