Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There has been a bit of questioning about other products claiming to detoxify ammonia.

I recently put 7 5-6 in Koi - into a new aquarium (from an outdoor pond) - with a brand new filter. Thus - no bacteria. I had a spare Seachem alert badge and placed it in.

Hypothesis - There would be no problem with toxic levels of ammonia.
Interventions - try Ammolock if there are elevations per the Seachem Badge.

The fish were put in a week ago - with a generic bottled bacteria (Tetra) - into a 72 gallon tank. pH 7. Ammonia 0. Seachem alert 0.

After a week (and another fish thought to be lost in the pond was added) - The Seachem Alert showed slightly green (matching the step next to yellow). All of the fish are behaving and acting normal.

Today I added Another bottle (per instructions) of bacteria. Will await the results. If the Seachem alert (verified by (I know, I know) the horrible API test is increasing I will add Ammolock - more information to follow

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Ammo lock is a freshwater product and alternative- Not solution. It locks it up yemporarily but cant hold it as ammonia has to go somewhere. I sold lots of this at my LFS and always the same response" It went away but came back".
It never went away

CLICK TO VIEW

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

SaltwaterAquarium.com
Back