Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m cycling my tank and I’m testing everyday as I have 2 clowns. Numbers seem to be dropping which is good. However I tested today and my ammonia is between 0.25 and 0.5, nitrite was 0 and nitrate was 10.
My question is why do I still have ammonia but no nitrites. I know it’s about patience and I’m in no rush just want to understand my numbers.

I’m using salifert tests. Unless I’m reading it wrong but still doesn’t look zero. I have a Hanna test coming today hopefully so I can double check.

AquaCave Logo Banner

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

first two sentences in the thread will help you decide

the next forty pages will help you believe you’re done :) I haven’t seen a not cycled tank on this entire site in five years or more. Post pics of your reef so we can see if you’re using rocks, and let me know how many days the tank has had water in it

there are no half cycles in reefing

there’s only cycled, my tank can carry fish, or not cycled, all the fish die due to ammonia noncontrol

your tank has been carrying fish for days now, that’s a big check box made. The chance your tank is cycled merely going off the limited information provided is roughly 100%

Nanoreef90

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

first two sentences in the thread will help you decide

the next forty pages will help you believe you’re done :) I haven’t seen a not cycled tank on this entire site in five years or more. Post pics of your reef so we can see if you’re using rocks, and let me know how many days the tank has had water in it

there are no half cycles in reefing

there’s only cycled, my tank can carry fish, or not cycled, all the fish die due to ammonia noncontrol

your tank has been carrying fish for days now, that’s a big check box made. The chance your tank is cycled merely going off the limited information provided is roughly 100%
Thankyou for your reply! It’s been 9 days now. I used dr tims one and only and added 2 clowns. I’ve been dosing with microbacter7 to help with bacteria and prime when ammonia was a little
High. Fish are happy and swimming about great.

Nutramar Foods
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back