Aiptasia and Berghia Nudibranch breeding project

Jmp998

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aiptasia don't need strong flow, but I think decent circulation is probably a good idea. I haven't tried to find the minimum as I mostly used old maxi jet 1200's I had lying around for the aiptasia tanks. I have accidentally left flow off in the aiptasia tanks before and they certainly don't like no flow.

William Bruckmann

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice topic ! How you keep the phosphate levels in the aiptaisia thank on pile without filtration?
Not my project but I would imagine with such little water volume a 25-50% water change would be less then a 5 gallon bucket. I raise Aiptasia in a 10 gallon aquarium and thats what I do. Also they only get a shot glass of Rotifiers or newly hatched Brine Shrimp once a week so there is not much food going in to mine. Also I pipette them right to the Aiptasia to limit water polution.

OP
OP
silent1mezzo

silent1mezzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice topic ! How you keep the phosphate levels in the aiptaisia thank on pile without filtrationwaterchan. I haven't tested or checked. The only thing I do is water changes. I do 75%

Not my project but I would imagine with such little water volume a 25-50% water change would be less then a 5 gallon bucket. I raise Aiptasia in a 10 gallon aquarium and thats what I do. Also they only get a shot glass of Rotifiers or newly hatched Brine Shrimp once a week so there is not much food going in to mine. Also I pipette them right to the Aiptasia to limit water polution.
100% this. I do 50-75% water changes every week. It's two 4.5 gallon tubs so less than 5 gallons.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back