Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two AI Hydra 26's. I have been able to connect that as Parent/Child on my local network and then connected to my 2.4ghz wifi.

So, the way I understand it is that I can only access them on the "local" when I use my phone and connect to the wifi signal coming out of the parent light. If I am connected to the 2.4ghz wifi I am unable to connect to the lights and it times out saying it cannot find it. Is that they way it should be working?

Then, the bigger issue is trying to get a "cloud" tank setup so I can see them without having to change the wifi network, etc. I tried to follow the steps from AI, but it does not find the devices. I did this while connected to the same 2.4ghz wifi used when creating the parent/child local tank.
Steps:
  1. Open the myAI app.
  2. Sign in using your login credentials.
  3. Select the "+" button.
  4. Choose "Add AI-Fi Device"
  5. Select your devices(s) and next.
  6. Select your desired WiFi network and enter the password.

Top Shelf Aquatics

luxdium

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The cloud feature only gets enabled if the light is registered to your myAI account. You'll have to contact AI and ask them to unclaim the device from AI Cloud and provide them with its serial number.
Once that's done, you should have cloud enabled in 10 minutes.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Jonify

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two AI Hydra 26's. I have been able to connect that as Parent/Child on my local network and then connected to my 2.4ghz wifi.

So, the way I understand it is that I can only access them on the "local" when I use my phone and connect to the wifi signal coming out of the parent light. If I am connected to the 2.4ghz wifi I am unable to connect to the lights and it times out saying it cannot find it. Is that they way it should be working?

Then, the bigger issue is trying to get a "cloud" tank setup so I can see them without having to change the wifi network, etc. I tried to follow the steps from AI, but it does not find the devices. I did this while connected to the same 2.4ghz wifi used when creating the parent/child local tank.
Steps:
  1. Open the myAI app.
  2. Sign in using your login credentials.
  3. Select the "+" button.
  4. Choose "Add AI-Fi Device"
  5. Select your devices(s) and next.
  6. Select your desired WiFi network and enter the password.
1. Reset the network settings of both lights by holding the button on the side down until the status light flashes green rapidly and then release. The lights will then flash blue/green to signify they are in discovery (allow time for them to boot and initialize after the reset).
2. On your OWN WiFi, go to the MyAI app and make sure you are logged in.
3. Once you are sure you are logged into the app, then go to your phone’s WiFi settings and choose the AI WiFi network that lists the serial of the light you want to be the parent light.
4. Go back to the app and click the “+” sign at the top and choose Ai-Fi as the device type.
5. The app will scan, and then list your light. Select it, give it a name (parent light, etc.), then the next screen will show the child lights you can add.
6. Next step it will scan for WiFi signals within range of the light, and here’s where you choose yours—your home 2.4ghz network. Connect to it.
7. The lights will then try to connect to your home router. If it is within range and there is a good Wi-Fi signal to the lights, the Parent light will show a solid green status light and the Children will be solid blue.
8. Now select ‘Lets go.’ Done! (You will need to re-connect your phone to your home WiFi if it doesn’t re-connect automatically).

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Legendary
Back