Aggressive Clownfish

youclowntoomuch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my clowns is dive bombing a new addition to my tank. I have a mated pair of ocellaris clowns. The male hasnt outright bitten then new gramma but has been hovering over its hiding spot nearly constantly. Earlier in the day my gramma was freely swimming , but later this afternoon I noticed this new dynamic happening. Its been about 30 hours isnce adding the gamma. If it comes down to it i honestly prefer the gamma and would bring the clowns in for a trade. Would putting a young single clown in instead of an older pair help with aggression?

AlyciaMarie

Where's my anemone?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like clowns being clowns. I agree with the above! If that doesn't work, you can also try an acclimation box for the clowns. Growing up, the bully fish always got a timeout in the box if they were being too harsh. It solved the problem more times than not.

OP
OP
Y

youclowntoomuch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like clowns being clowns. I agree with the above! If that doesn't work, you can also try an acclimation box for the clowns. Growing up, the bully fish always got a timeout in the box if they were being too harsh. It solved the problem more times than not.
Yea the gramma seems to be in hiding in a hunk of rock. It didn’t come out to feed. I just installed a mirror on the side of the tank tho

OP
OP
Y

youclowntoomuch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea the gramma seems to be in hiding in a hunk of rock. It didn’t come out to feed. I just installed a mirror

Mark Whitaker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea the gramma seems to be in hiding in a hunk of rock. It didn’t come out to feed. I just installed a mirror
You will know it’s working if the clown fish attacks its own reflection. It will get tired and chill… after a while (month) you should be able to remove it. If the clown is not going after the mirror, then you might want to move rocks around, but this is a last resort (extra stress for the whole tank)

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back