Clownfish Ich or spawning?

nanoman95

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys

I’ve had these 2 clowns for around 2.5 months now and everything has been going great. No new additions to the tank since adding these guys and everyone else seems perfectly happy.

I noticed this morning that both the clowns appear to take it in turns to pick at the rock and then rub themselves against each other and the rocks. I managed to get a short video.

my first thought was maybe they are trying to spawn/host on the rock but several people online say they have a parasite? Can anyone advise on this? They are all eating and swimming well. All parameters are perfect (even double checked a sample with the LFS to be sure)

So do we think it’s normal clown pair behaviour or do my guys have some kind of parasite :(?

Tank has been running for 11 months now.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.MOV
    23.9 MB

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys

I’ve had these 2 clowns for around 2.5 months now and everything has been going great. No new additions to the tank since adding these guys and everyone else seems perfectly happy.

I noticed this morning that both the clowns appear to take it in turns to pick at the rock and then rub themselves against each other and the rocks. I managed to get a short video.

my first thought was maybe they are trying to spawn/host on the rock but several people online say they have a parasite? Can anyone advise on this? They are all eating and swimming well. All parameters are perfect (even double checked a sample with the LFS to be sure)

So do we think it’s normal clown pair behaviour or do my guys have some kind of parasite :(?

Tank has been running for 11 months now.

That's site preparation for spawning. Their first few attempts may fail, but as the pair bond grows and they mature, you will likely see eggs deposited.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back