Acropora slimer issue

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to shame anyone, but acros don’t have bright white tip growth. I’ve just come across this thread and I think lighting might be the issue on this piece.

Your slimer is STN’ing, do you have any other acros in the tank?

It’s been a week so this issue may have been solved already but I would like to offer advice if it hasn’t been yet
That’s false! I have a few with white growth tips including a slimer… bill murray, wwc after party and my slimer just to show a couple.
IMG_4115.jpeg
IMG_4116.jpeg
IMG_4117.jpeg

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I would add new growth typically shows polyps before full coloration. OP pics look like erosion of existing flesh. I would re-look at the PAR values. 170 is pretty low light reading. Is that the same lighting it was in the seller’s tank?

moosevandyke

Never a dull moment in keeping a reef tank.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also I was just trying to help seen as your guys mislead op…
Nobody mislead the op everyone just giving thoughts on what it could be and the folks who said growth seem to have a lot of experience with sps… do you grow a lot of sps?

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nobody mislead the op everyone just giving thoughts on what it could be and the folks who said growth seem to have a lot of experience with sps… do you grow a lot of sps?
Not the person you asked but I grow a lot of sps, that said, I've also killed a TON of them before I was successful. OP's look like many I've killed.

UMALUM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not the person you asked but I grow a lot of sps, that said, I've also killed a TON of them before I was successful. OP's look like many I've killed.
Being that your seasoned in stn literally in reverse I'm all ears. Like previously mentioned, usually it's those who walk the line low with screaming alk who encounter true burnt tips. The OP has low light, mid alk, and plenty of nutrients all of which would not cause what you claim but in most cases the opposite.

-1609202926446103548.jpg

The tips on this usually shoot bleach white then over the coarse of a week turn blue then pick before it repeats. I'm starting to wonder how I got suckered into this abortion.

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Being that your seasoned in stn literally in reverse I'm all ears. Like previously mentioned, usually it's those who walk the line low with screaming alk who encounter true burnt tips. The OP has low light, mid alk, and plenty of nutrients all of which would not cause what you claim but in most cases the opposite.

-1609202926446103548.jpg

The tips on this usually shoot bleach white then over the coarse of a week turn blue then pick before it repeats. I'm starting to wonder how I got suckered into this abortion.
I guess we'll see once he posts an update. I got a beer on a dead coral.

UMALUM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess we'll see once he posts an update. I got a beer on a dead coral.
I'll take your beer and raise you a bottle of crown that when he kills it it'll be from the bottom up. :face-with-tongue: Probably a good chance the new growth displayed occurred previous to his ownership.

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'll take your beer and raise you a bottle of crown that when he kills it it'll be from the bottom up. :face-with-tongue: Probably a good chance the new growth displayed occurred previous to his ownership.
I hope there’s an update. This picture. Zoomed in at the tips, appears to show a film spread across the white tips

IMG_7535.jpeg

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Funny, this came up on my timeline....it looks almost like OP's slimer and 'growth'. Want to guess what happened to this frag? Hint, I now have a new slimer ;)

PXL_20210527_121239471~2.jpg

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back