Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am getting some corals from online today. I am guessing float bags for 20min in tank with lights off. After, add 1/4 cup of tank water every 10min until salinity matches tank.

From there I have bayer and revive which one to use and how much per cup?

CLICK TO VIEW

fodsod

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's totally up to you how extensive you want to make the process.

I float the bags for 20-30 minutes to temp acclimate. Then I take tank water and mix the dip into it (Coral RX or Revive are both great but follow the directions on the bottle) and dip for 5-10 minutes (use a timer). You'll want to use a turkey baster or similar to stir and gently blow the water/dip onto the coral to dislodge any hitchhikers.

This is a good time to visually inspect the coral also for anything odd. A soft tooth brush can be used to gently scrub the frag plug and hard surfaces (not the coral tissue) to further remove anything unwanted. I always wear gloves regardless of the type of coral but that's your choice.

After the dip time is done rinse the coral in a separate container with tank water to remove any dip. Then place them into your DT tank or in a QT tank, down low and leave them there for at least a few days to a week to get acclimated to your tank. Good luck.

Spare time

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd float and then maybe drip if the salinity isn't similar. I usually drip to match pH, temperature, and salinity. Once the temperature is the same, I then dip them. I don't like using insecticidal dip, but that is a personal choice.

Nutramar Foods
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Dinkins Aquatic Gardens
Back