Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3-6 months should give me enough time to figure out how to send it to you . I have a ton of good starter sps as well once you’re ready
Thank you so much.
When the time gets a little close I would love to bounce some ideas off you and get ideas for some good starter sps.

If you use iphone for the AI app, you can click the file send icon in upper right corner. Then copy and paste it into an email or text. They show up as an AI Preset.aip file.
But I don't think they can be uploaded on here, it would need to be emailed or texted.

Here is a screen shot of my current schedule. Please let me know what you think.
Capture.PNG

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much.
When the time gets a little close I would love to bounce some ideas off you and get ideas for some good starter sps.

If you use iphone for the AI app, you can click the file send icon in upper right corner. Then copy and paste it into an email or text. They show up as an AI Preset.aip file.
But I don't think they can be uploaded on here, it would need to be emailed or texted.

Here is a screen shot of my current schedule. Please let me know what you think.
View attachment 1728215
Thanks bud but I was just joking. I tried to add the laugh emoji but obviously screwed that up.
Saxby man huh. It’s a popular one. Mine has less white and more blue but still has the respiration peaks and valleys. I designed to have less spectrum shifts than the saxby actually.
403E97B3-332C-4321-93A2-416C6A00CA5A.png

This is for my 52s but I have one for my 26 HD’s as well

Charlie’s Frags

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much.

View attachment 1728215
So your schedule is constantly shifting from heavy “white’r” spectrum to heavy “blue’r” spectrum??

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
SMSREEF

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks bud but I was just joking. I tried to add the laugh emoji but obviously screwed that up.
Saxby man huh. It’s a popular one. Mine has less white and more blue but still has the respiration peaks and valleys. I designed to have less spectrum shifts than the saxby actually.
View attachment 1728233
This is for my 52s but I have one for my 26 HD’s as well
lol, i should have known better

I have never understood why some people run higher UV and others lower. Why did you choose higher UV, violet and royal blue and lower blue?
I really do not like the look of too much blues so I may switch mine to something similar to yours.

Charlie’s Frags

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol, i should have known better

I have never understood why some people run higher UV and others lower. Why did you choose higher UV, violet and royal blue and lower blue?
I really do not like the look of too much blues so I may switch mine to something similar to yours.
I’m no lighting guru but I based my schedule (UV,V,RB,B mostly) from brs videos ab+ recommendations and then adjusted the white to what my eyes like.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
SMSREEF

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking tank! How do you like that sump I have a 60 cube that is plumbed into a much bigger established tank but in about a year I plan on making it a stand alone tank.

View attachment 1745946 View attachment 1745947
Nice tank! It will be Awesome to see those frags grow out!
I really like the sump. I did make some changes to it so I could have a large refugium section before the return pump. I just used acrylic sheet and silicon so it can be undone later.
Dang, taking this picture reminds me that I need to change some of that white PVC to blue. I had to pipe around where my protein skimmer goes. I took the skimmer out for now because I couldn’t keep phosphate and nitrate up without dosing it.
DF044CB5-9599-4C7D-8C46-D281C4F4E100.jpeg

Why do you want to break the 60 off as a stand alone tank? Are you moving it to a different spot?
Seems like it would be so much easier to keep everything stable as one (like you have it) rather than multiple tanks to test and dose.

matt199

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the sump. I did make some changes to it so I could have a large refugium section before the return pump. I just used acrylic sheet and silicon so it can be undone later.
Dang, taking this picture reminds me that I need to change some of that white PVC to blue. I had to pipe around where my protein skimmer goes. I took the skimmer out for now because I couldn’t keep phosphate and nitrate up without dosing it.
View attachment 1745992

Why do you want to break the 60 off as a stand alone tank? Are you moving it to a different spot?
Seems like it would be so much easier to keep everything stable as one (like you have it) rather than multiple tanks to test and dose.
I’ll be upgrading to A 220 and probably be adding at least 100 lbs of new rock to my 100 lbs of old Fiji rock.Im not sure how the acros will like that change.Plus I’ll be going from a sand bottom tank to a bare bottom.This cube is my first attempt at bare bottom so that is still up in the air.I already have some rock in a trash can as we speak lol.

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
View attachment 1745992

Your sump setup looks great! So much less convoluted than mine lol

OP
OP
SMSREEF

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your sump setup looks great! So much less convoluted than mine lol
Thanks! I worked hard on hiding the electric cords. I got the idea to use this stuff from someone on here but I can’t remember who it was that I copied.
Cable Raceway Kit, Stageek Cable Management System Kit Open Slot Wiring Raceway Duct with Cover, On-Wall Cable Concealer Cord Organizer to Hide Wires

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
SMSREEF

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll be upgrading to A 220 and probably be adding at least 100 lbs of new rock to my 100 lbs of old Fiji rock.Im not sure how the acros will like that change.Plus I’ll be going from a sand bottom tank to a bare bottom.This cube is my first attempt at bare bottom so that is still up in the air.I already have some rock in a trash can as we speak lol.
Makes total sense. And it’s worth it to test 2 tanks for a while to keep the corals happy!

matt199

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Makes total sense. And it’s worth it to test 2 tanks for a while to keep the corals happy!
Yea my cube is only about 3 months old and I was waiting on my Radion of almost 2 months because it was back ordered.Keep up the good updates I’m interested in seeing your progress

Top Shelf Aquatics
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great! Baby trochus snails can be a blessing and a curse. I haven't had too many problems with them, other than making their way into the sump and plugging the intake on my skimmer a few times!

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Battlecorals
Back