60 gallon breeder stocking

valley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I’m looking to start stocking my 60 gallon breeder with fish and inverts.The tank has been setup for about 2 months now and I used live ocean rock from kpaquatics to start it up.

My favorite fish to have in the tank would be a foxface rabbitfish. I know that the recommended tank size is 70 gallons but surely it’ll be fine in this 60 gallon because it’s a breeder?

I plan on having coral and so considering that there are a lot of critters from the rock that aren’t reef safe. I’ve seen some flatworms, fire worms, and some other weird worms that I’m not sure are reef safe. I’ve also seen a small urchin but I’m not sure how I’d remove that yet.

I’d like to get rid of those critters in a natural way and so is there fish can eat a lot of these harmful critters and fit inside of my tank?

Any other fish and clean up crew recommendations for this tank are appreciated. I’m starting to get diatoms appearing on my glass.

There’s also a small mantis shrimp that was in the rock, I doubt it’s a threat to fish but I’m not sure how that affects my invert stocking.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back