5x XR15 G6 Pro or 3x ReeFi Uno 2.1 Pro on 5 ft tank?

DanyL

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my main system (1.8m long display tank), where I run a mixture of 3xUno 1 and 2xUno 2.0 all with 90 degree reflectors (V1), and mounted 12” above the tank - I run them at around 130W for the Uno 2.0 and pushing the Uno 1 close to their max (160-170W) and getting around 1,000-360 PAR top to bottom.

For a 1.5m long tank (approx same as yours) with 3xUno 2.0 fixtures with 90 degree reflectors (V1), my friend runs them at around 90W, mounted 12” above the tank.
Not sure what’s his PAR readings are, but he’s mostly growing LPS, with some SPS at the top.

My frag tank setup is vastly different, with 2xUno 2.0 mounted at around 50cm above the tank and run @ 219W each, so I don’t think you can draw any conclusions comparing it to your own setup.

With the 2.1 you’re also getting the new 90 degree reflectors, which on one hand spread a lot evenly, but also require pushing the fixture a bit more than v1 for same PAR values - so for an SPS dominant tank I would assume you’ll eventually push them up to around 150-170W each. But that’s just me guessing, as I have no personal experience with it.

But - I highly suggest you to start way lower than you think is required, like half as much.
Not only because you need to acclimate your corals to a new spectrum and intensity, but because without a PAR meter, you’re basically guesstimating your target output and can easily burn your corals rather quickly.

Once you get your hands on a PAR meter (preferably an Apogge, if using PARWise - apply the multiplier recommended by telegraham to get more accurate results) you can then set the spectrum as you like, then set your goal intensity by measuring with the PAR meter, and finally set the acclimation modefor around 60-70 percent for 30 days.

Good luck and keep us updated!

OP
OP
SaltwaterScoop

SaltwaterScoop

Conqueror of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
On my main system (1.8m long display tank), where I run a mixture of 3xUno 1 and 2xUno 2.0 all with 90 degree reflectors (V1), and mounted 12” above the tank - I run them at around 130W for the Uno 2.0 and pushing the Uno 1 close to their max (160-170W) and getting around 1,000-360 PAR top to bottom.

For a 1.5m long tank (approx same as yours) with 3xUno 2.0 fixtures with 90 degree reflectors (V1), my friend runs them at around 90W, mounted 12” above the tank.
Not sure what’s his PAR readings are, but he’s mostly growing LPS, with some SPS at the top.

My frag tank setup is vastly different, with 2xUno 2.0 mounted at around 50cm above the tank and run @ 219W each, so I don’t think you can draw any conclusions comparing it to your own setup.

With the 2.1 you’re also getting the new 90 degree reflectors, which on one hand spread a lot evenly, but also require pushing the fixture a bit more than v1 for same PAR values - so for an SPS dominant tank I would assume you’ll eventually push them up to around 150-170W each. But that’s just me guessing, as I have no personal experience with it.

But - I highly suggest you to start way lower than you think is required, like half as much.
Not only because you need to acclimate your corals to a new spectrum and intensity, but because without a PAR meter, you’re basically guesstimating your target output and can easily burn your corals rather quickly.

Once you get your hands on a PAR meter (preferably an Apogge, if using PARWise - apply the multiplier recommended by telegraham to get more accurate results) you can then set the spectrum as you like, then set your goal intensity by measuring with the PAR meter, and finally set the acclimation modefor around 60-70 percent for 30 days.

Good luck and keep us updated!
Thanks for the advice! I'm currently looking into PAR meters. Since my XR15s are currently pulling 30 watts at peak, I'll probably start the Uno 2.1s at the same wattage and see how the corals react.

DanyL

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the advice! I'm currently looking into PAR meters. Since my XR15s are currently pulling 30 watts at peak, I'll probably start the Uno 2.1s at the same wattage and see how the corals react.
30 watts does seem quite low, so you want to be careful during the transition, go slow.
But for an SPS tank, you’ll want to eventually crank it up a lot higher.

Also note that depending on the generation of your Radion, the Uno may produce more PAR per watt than what you have now.

OP
OP
SaltwaterScoop

SaltwaterScoop

Conqueror of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got the Uno 2.1s today. There does seem to be some wear/damage on them from shipping but it does not seem to affect anything.

PXL_20240719_214537574.jpg
PXL_20240719_214544299.jpg

I was able to quickly & easily set them up as a group and get a light schedule going that was similar to my existing one.
I currently have them running on my left & right 40 gallons.

I have a VBR-AQUA PAR Meter coming Tuesday so I'll use that to set them up & dial them in on the main tank.

DanyL

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats!

The damage from shipping doesn’t seem to be too bad at all, most of it is where you’ll attach it to the adapters anyway.

Note that the VBR have 2 sensors, and old one and a new one - the older one produces results comparable 1:1 to the apogee, while the new one needs a multiplier applied to it.
You can determine which one you have as well as the multiplier needed by looking at telegrahams instagram.

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Congrats!

The damage from shipping doesn’t seem to be too bad at all, most of it is where you’ll attach it to the adapters anyway.

Note that the VBR have 2 sensors, and old one and a new one - the older one produces results comparable 1:1 to the apogee, while the new one needs a multiplier applied to it.
You can determine which one you have as well as the multiplier needed by looking at telegrahams instagram.
do you have a link?

Kodski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shoot A message to Daniel from Reefi. He was always very quick and more than helpful when I had a question. I always messaged him through Facebook. I remember I was having an issue once and messaged him at 9:30PM my time on a Friday night and he responded back within an hour and worked through the issue with me for like two hours.

Edit: Yeah you'll want the par meter to set these lights up. I had the first version and they were stupid strong.

Hair Algae Wizard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an FYI, I believe Daniel may be on vacation for a few weeks.

Also, my Uno 2.1's arrived last week. I haven't had a chance to unbox and gt them setup, but I'm working on it! I'll post pics shortly. (I'm also unsure how to program them for SPS, so expect many questions!)

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Also, my Uno 2.1's arrived last week. I haven't had a chance to unbox and gt them setup, but I'm working on it! I'll post pics shortly. (I'm also unsure how to program them for SPS, so expect many questions!)
Same here but I am excited about it

OP
OP
SaltwaterScoop

SaltwaterScoop

Conqueror of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Shoot A message to Daniel from Reefi. He was always very quick and more than helpful when I had a question. I always messaged him through Facebook. I remember I was having an issue once and messaged him at 9:30PM my time on a Friday night and he responded back within an hour and worked through the issue with me for like two hours.

Edit: Yeah you'll want the par meter to set these lights up. I had the first version and they were stupid strong.
He replied today: "Looks like rubbing mark from cardboard package during transit. Will not affect performance. I want to use eco-friendly packaging so stay away from Styrofoam and minimize PE bag. Unfortunately, units will have some transit rubbing marks."

There are some preset profiles you can use. My experience with the web app has been great so far (simple & easy to setup).

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back