ZanaZoola14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Would anyone be able to look over my stocking list for a roughly 50+ gallon tank I have?

Length x width x height
Inches — 69.69x12x15.75
cm — 177x30x40 approx

It has been cycling now for three months. The lights are not that powerful so corals are out of the picture currently; however, I have two mangroves in there that are growing well. The lights are to be upgraded in the future so that I can have softies in this tank.

Yesterday it got its first fish as a group of 4 green chromis. And if others in the household have anything to say then it will soon be filled with green chromis — they have got annoyed about the empty tank and saw how lovely and cheap the chromis were at £8 each.

I am looking at this tank being wrasse heavy, mainly fairys and flashers. However, it is also limited in what I can get ahold of without fully burning the budget let alone breaking it. I also don't have deep enough sand for some wrasses.

This is my plan for CUC, at least the initial plan that will change as this tank progresses on. I have already introduced and got pods in the tank; however, I would like to build on it which is why they are on the list.

CUC
2x Cleaner Shrimp
2x Bags of Pods
10x Nass snails
2x Spiny Astrea snail
4x Trochus snails
5x Nerite snails

Now for the fish stocking. I am placing them into groups as I understand how some fish will need to be introduced together to help lessen the chance of aggression.

Group One
1x Chalk Basslet
1x Assessor Basslet (yellow or blue)

Group Two
Flame Scooter Blenny pair

Group Three
1x Yellowfin Flasher Wrasse (Paracheilinus flavianalis)
1x McCosker’s Flasher Wrasse (Paracheilinus mccoskeri)
1x Royal Flasher Wrasse (Paracheilinus angulatus)
1x Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse (Paracheilinus carpenteri)

Group Four
1x Ruby Longfin Fairy Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus rubriventralis) or Naoko’s Fairy Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus naokoae)

Group Five
1x Midas Blenny (Ecsenius midas) or Flametail Blenny (Enchelyurus flavipes)

Group Six
Cherub Angelfish (Pair?) (Centropyge argi)

I know that group two will need to be the last introduction to make sure that there is a healthy pod population for them alongside any pod additions I'll add routinely. Group six is likely to be the one I add second to last after group one.

With group three I am thinking whether I actually only get one of them and get a small group (maybe around 3?) instead.

Rough group additions order:
3 (Flasher)
4 (Fairy)
5 (Blenny)
1 (Basslet)
6 (Angel)
2 (Dragonet) (likely 1 year+ down the line)

How does this stocking look? What are people's opinions on this? And anything to recommend if not in this list? Is this likely to max me out?

Any replies greatly appreciated, thanks.

OP
OP
ZanaZoola14

ZanaZoola14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish you luck with the chromis. I've added groups of 7 twice and ended up with one both times.
Yeah, I have a feeling that is very likely. But I was put between them and not having any way of getting to the lfs without taking public transport. I'll be watching them to see how they get on at least. Thanks

exnisstech

Grumpy old man
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard they do better if there are larger fish to keep them on gaurd. I was told that they feel safer in numbers and are less likely to kill each off if they feel threatened by the larger fish. I've been tempted to again with a group in my new tank which has a lot of swim room and some big tangs. Only problem I'm having is around here I always see some in the store tanks that show signs uronema so I pass on them.

Should I

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I have a feeling that is very likely. But I was put between them and not having any way of getting to the lfs without taking public transport. I'll be watching them to see how they get on at least. Thanks
order online visionaquatics.co.uk quarantine fish

OP
OP
ZanaZoola14

ZanaZoola14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard they do better if there are larger fish to keep them on gaurd. I was told that they feel safer in numbers and are less likely to kill each off if they feel threatened by the larger fish. I've been tempted to again with a group in my new tank which has a lot of swim room and some big tangs. Only problem I'm having is around here I always see some in the store tanks that show signs uronema so I pass on them.
Hmm, guess I'll need to look into speeding up some of the stocking. And I've had these fish for a day now and been told that it would be good and nice to get an additional group to add to them. To just keep adding.

At least these are healthy looking, little piggies and very bright.

OP
OP
ZanaZoola14

ZanaZoola14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
order online visionaquatics.co.uk quarantine fish
Thanks, but it is likely if I order online I'll use Abyss as I've used them previously. But more nothing beats being able to go see the fish in person first, or just any of the bits I would like to buy.

Should I

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, but it is likely if I order online I'll use Abyss as I've used them previously. But more nothing beats being able to go see the fish in person first, or just any of the bits I would like to buy.
you read the reviews for abyss? full of diseased fish i would much pref quarantined fish

OP
OP
ZanaZoola14

ZanaZoola14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you read the reviews for abyss? full of diseased fish i would much pref quarantined fish
I have read the reviews, I did it before the first time I ordered from them. But there are plenty of good reviews, and they held back my order before because the fish I brought had got injured so they isolated him until he was healed again.

There is .1–.2 star difference in the two websites. Personal preference — that and vision aquatic website is not opening properly for me.

But thanks

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back