32 gallon Biocube thread post pics of your or questions on it!

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup I can't get a straight answer. I was going 10% weekly and it was too much. 0 nitrates and phosphates constantly. Had to start dosing. I'm going on 1 month no water change and still having to dose. Doesn't matter how much I feed my fish and coral. Daily testing and all my levels are bang on for what I want, besides the nitrate and po4. Definetly gonna have to look Into some dosing pumps for it.
I dose once a week and do mobthly water changes and my parameters stay in the correct range. I also feed heavy

BRS

BAMatter

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Power strip came in the mail today!! Couldn’t wait to get it set up. Still have to add labels and hook up the inkbird.. thanks again for the idea! Excuse the dirty glass. I was too excited and couldn’t wait to take a photo.
Sweet!

BAMatter

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup I can't get a straight answer. I was going 10% weekly and it was too much. 0 nitrates and phosphates constantly. Had to start dosing. I'm going on 1 month no water change and still having to dose. Doesn't matter how much I feed my fish and coral. Daily testing and all my levels are bang on for what I want, besides the nitrate and po4. Definetly gonna have to look Into some dosing pumps for it.
What are you feeding and what frequency? I had to bump up to feeding my fish daily, plus mon/wed/fri I do PolypLap PolybBooster and Reef Roids. Took a bit to get a PO4 reading and now Im needing to keep it in check, but my tank is enjoying the heavy feeding…

AquaCave Logo Banner

Placenta89

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you feeding and what frequency? I had to bump up to feeding my fish daily, plus mon/wed/fri I do PolypLap PolybBooster and Reef Roids. Took a bit to get a PO4 reading and now Im needing to keep it in check, but my tank is enjoying the heavy feeding…
I do once a day feedings. Trying more flakes now because my cleaner wrasse seems to eat those almost exclusively and they leech more phosphate into the water. Then most nights I'll throw on some frozen brine and mysis before I go to bed. I only got 3 fish and I assume the corals get quite a bit from it. I only broadcast feed redsea ab+ every 3 days as well for amino acids. I'm trying to cut back a bit because the spiriorbid worms were breeding like crazy before I cut back. I got some really nice new torch frags this week so I might boost the broadcast feeding to more but i tested this morning again before any algae photosynthesis begins and it was at 0.02. By the end of the day it will be 0 again and I'll have to dose. All my other levels are bang on for what I need so I haven't changed water in a while thinking it would bounce up but it seems to not be working. I lose so much water from evaporation each day. I definetly top up 10% water each week regardless.

lubeck

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• FC994707-520C-4D2F-AF6A-2DBE07D20837.jpeg
    FC994707-520C-4D2F-AF6A-2DBE07D20837.jpeg
    78 KB · Views: 48
OP
OP
xtravism

xtravism

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone upgrade their return pump? If so which one did you go with? Thanks!
I haven’t cause stock one in my opinion does fine. Also need to stay under 300 gph for uv sterilizer to be beneficial. But if it were to break i would probably go with sicce.

AquaCave Logo Banner

rmorris_14

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t cause stock one in my opinion does fine. Also need to stay under 300 gph for uv sterilizer to be beneficial. But if it were to break i would probably go with sicce.
What UV sterilizer do you use?

rmorris_14

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just popping in to say hey to fellow biocubers . I love how my watchman looks during sunset ramp down.
7E923108-75B8-41C4-BEA4-EC365481FFFF.jpeg
Still battling GHA over here. Got out invert/coral QT up and running with more clean up crew I plan on adding after they have been in there for 45 days. I had no idea how much Mexican turbo snails poop. IT’S CRAZY!

Top Shelf Aquatics

germo

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been running about a year. The coral life scratches very easily. I only use pads on my glass made for acrylic. Other than that it’s been great. Right now I’m trying to figure out how to get this aqua max ws1 in the “sump” with a media reactor and all my other filtration goodies. Anyone with any knowledge or Luck with this please chime in.

stephydawn

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started to get some red slime. I did a water change last weekend and sucked as much as I could out. I scraped some more out with the net Wednesday, and Then did about a gallon water change and sucked out some more today. I think it’s helping. My tests have been good. I cut back on feeding and went back to frozen brine only, from the flake. Hopefully that helps. I added a mushroom and Duncan today. I had a hard time with the mushroom, the rock it was on cracked and I had a hard time trying to glue it. I should have just put it on the bottom somewhere. I’m not good at glueing coral yet. I also knocked the hammer off if the process of cleaning and had to re-glue it. I love/hate the dead coral rock on top because I don’t know what to put on it. Any suggestions?

D1CE771B-B67C-49CE-968D-F50B9FE72A64.jpeg

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Queen City Corals
Back