Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it worth trying anyways? What else could it be? The blenny just sits in the corner now and doesn't come out. It would be super difficult for me to see if they have moved or changed numbers because I can only see his fins if he sits on the heater in the light.

Yes - since that is you only option, you should try it. I have never used that product, maybe they hit upon a herbal remedy that works?

Jay

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
1epauletteshark

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes - since that is you only option, you should try it. I have never used that product, maybe they hit upon a herbal remedy that works?

Jay
I checked the goby and nothing on him, is there another parasite Nico (the blenny) might have? He just sits in the corner ( Edit, this isn't actually true, he has been coming out just very scared of me :) ) , and I swear he is either losing brown pigment on his face or gaining brown pigmentation and this might be another symptom of something completely different or I might be slowly going insane.

Last edited:

Eric R.

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you think it may be ich, can you try treating with tank transfer method in a couple of buckets?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you think it may be ich, can you try treating with tank transfer method in a couple of buckets?

That won’t help in this case because there is no clean tank to move the fish into afterwards. If they move them back to the DT, the fish will just get reinfected.
Jay

OP
OP
1epauletteshark

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bumble bee snails and the pistol shrimp arrived yesterday, here are some photos.
1678148053329.png

I put this little guy in then had to move the rock he was next to and I haven’t seen him since.
1678148358312.png

I bought one bumble bee shrimp but the very kind person running the store sent me two.
1678148405447.png

Side view
1678148433335.png

Top view

The pom pom crab is out much more now and I see him wandering all over the tank.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Tired

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi @Jay Hemdal, someone told me it could be protozoan infecting it. Could this be true?
That was me. Ich IS a protozoan. I was explaining that the white dots saltwater ich causes are the fish's immune system reacting to the ich protozoan (the ich germ, basically). There's a common misconception that the white dots caused by saltwater ich are parasites which can be removed by freshwater dips and cleaner shrimp, which isn't the case.

OP
OP
1epauletteshark

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was me. Ich IS a protozoan. I was explaining that the white dots saltwater ich causes are the fish's immune system reacting to the ich protozoan (the ich germ, basically). There's a common misconception that the white dots caused by saltwater ich are parasites which can be removed by freshwater dips and cleaner shrimp, which isn't the case.
Oh ok that makes sense. I wasnt sure if you were on R2R or I would have mentioned you.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
1epauletteshark

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I finally got a light for this tank and the GSP has emerged and is looking really nice and Nico loves to be around it.

There are no spots on Nico anymore but I know that does not mean the Ich is gone.

I finally found where my mini pistol shrimp went, here is a photo but it is impossible to see his hole (it is just a small hole that goes under the rock)EF1AD9C2-843A-453E-A8FC-C8A353516A14.thumb.jpeg.4d16bfcac2882634a7d4ac29846e4e5b.jpeg

I have created my DIY hang on brine shrimp hatchery and I am just waiting on the brine shrimp eggs then I’ll start hatching them.

OP
OP
1epauletteshark

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@i cant think and @Tired I’m sure you know best about this but for the GSP I still dipped it but next time I get a coral should I not dip it so that all the copepods and other beneficial critters can help form the ecosystem in my pico?

OP
OP
1epauletteshark

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could put it in a corner and then put something like a fine mesh cage around it.
If your blenny loves perching on it, get him a few small frags of rock and then glue them onto the back wall in like a ledge formation :)
I actually hadn’t seen that, will reef super glue work? That is a great idea.

CLICK TO VIEW

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@i cant think and @Tired I’m sure you know best about this but for the GSP I still dipped it but next time I get a coral should I not dip it so that all the copepods and other beneficial critters can help form the ecosystem in my pico?
I don’t really dip most of my coral - I used to though. I found it just stressed out coral and most pests are taken out when in the LFS surrounded by the specific fish that eat them.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually hadn’t seen that, will reef super glue work? That is a great idea.
It will if it’s reef safe!
I use coral glue and zip ties when it comes to glueing anything onto the tank.

OP
OP
1epauletteshark

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t really dip most of my coral - I used to though. I found it just stressed out coral and most pests are taken out when in the LFS surrounded by the specific fish that eat them.
My LFS’s tanks are filled with any hitchhikers imaginable, spaghetti worms, bubble algae, little worms and much more. I would still dip anything that went in my nano but it should be easy enough to eradicate anything bad that gets in this tank and it could benefit from the life.

AS

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS’s tanks are filled with any hitchhikers imaginable, spaghetti worms, bubble algae, little worms and much more. I would still dip anything that went in my nano but it should be easy enough to eradicate anything bad that gets in this tank and it could benefit from the life.
Most of the ‘bad’ worms are actually good - Spaghetti worms and Bristleworms are the two most people say are bad but are really good :)

OP
OP
1epauletteshark

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually I am going to stop dipping all together because the LFS’s tanks are FILLED with copepods and my nano could use some more.

OP
OP
1epauletteshark

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of the ‘bad’ worms are actually good - Spaghetti worms and Bristleworms are the two most people say are bad but are really good :)
I like spaghetti worms and bristle worms and wouldn’t remove them from my tank like most people would but there are also things like little flatworms and other things.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good, I’ll give it a try and post photos when I do :)
My most recent (and incredibly successful) time I’ve used Zipties/Tiewraps was when I attached a piece of plating monti onto my water outlet to cover it up when looking at the tank top down.
It’s already encrusted onto the outlet and is now growing out :)
I need a better photo but here it is.
AE211419-2C74-4C75-82C7-3C755C4BEB59.jpeg

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

SR
Back