Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That math sounds right to me. How is that compared to what you expected?

Seems a little lower than what I thought it would be. I was hoping to see around 750 to 800 par at the top of the tank.
I'm going to play around with percentages on my controller and see if I can get a bit closer.
I'm also planning on modding the lights a bit. The OR t247 fixture is better suited for a 24x24 cube than my 30" tank. So I'm going to build a canopy that holds the arrays end to end with a couple of 24" coral plus t5s and some kind of diffuser for the leds.

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow diamond, I very much enjoyed reading your thread. It's fun seeing how your tank has evolved and progressed. Ha ha and now how you are headed with 2 tanks! I have learned for me that I am best with just 1 tank, but ATM I also have 2 tanks. One for the ponies and one for the fish and coral. When my ponies live out their natural lives, then I will take down their tank and just keep it as an emergency tank.

Oh yeah, I love that toadstool leather!

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Diamond1

Diamond1

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow diamond, I very much enjoyed reading your thread. It's fun seeing how your tank has evolved and progressed. Ha ha and now how you are headed with 2 tanks! I have learned for me that I am best with just 1 tank, but ATM I also have 2 tanks. One for the ponies and one for the fish and coral. When my ponies live out their natural lives, then I will take down their tank and just keep it as an emergency tank.

Oh yeah, I love that toadstool leather!
Thank you.
That toadstool and clown are both from the original version of the 29 gallon set up.

AquaCave

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Coral Frenzy
Back