Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the closed loop stand pipes lifted a bit. had to bring the RFG nozzles up a few inches due to coral growth. Coral naturally want to grow into the flow - especially the kind of flow these Random Flow Generators are creating. They seem to love the strong, intermittent broad flow and are simply growing right into it, blocking to the flow further down the tank.

20230416_154518.jpg

20230416_154510.jpg

I also took this opportunity to use our new Multidapter in place of the threaded NPT fittings. This allow me to shave off nearly 3/4in off the total length of the RFG nozzle on the end of the elbow fitting.

You can see the difference in this pic between the old setup and the new - its a pretty significant amount

1683659489171.png

Here are the results - flow looks amazing!

Attachments

• 20230416_151908.mp4
    95.6 MB
World Wide Corals

reef’r

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the closed loop stand pipes lifted a bit. had to bring the RFG nozzles up a few inches due to coral growth. Coral naturally want to grow into the flow - especially the kind of flow these Random Flow Generators are creating. They seem to love the strong, intermittent broad flow and are simply growing right into it, blocking to the flow further down the tank.

View attachment 3142809

View attachment 3142808

I also took this opportunity to use our new Multidapter in place of the threaded NPT fittings. This allow me to shave off nearly 3/4in off the total length of the RFG nozzle on the end of the elbow fitting.

You can see the difference in this pic between the old setup and the new - its a pretty significant amount

View attachment 3142812

Here are the results - flow looks amazing!

Awesome! Love this tank, that big raja rampage is my favorite piece

OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Love this tank, that big raja rampage is my favorite piece
I Like it too, but it might be time to figure out how to strategically prune it back a bit. Its got to be at at least 10 to 12in across and showing no sings of slowing down.

I'm honestly not even sure how to frag this type of coral without ripping large section of the flesh of the skeleton?

Any tips?

20230514_092954.jpg 20230514_092932.jpg

Corals.com

Wiskey

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

View attachment 3142812
The tank looks fantastic, but that Multidapter is amazing!!! I've been waiting for fittings like this to come out specifically for areas were a perfect seal isn't important, but low profile is. Is that a glue in fitting? Or is it threaded and just setup so it doesn't tighten until it bottoms out?

Whiskey

OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank looks fantastic, but that Multidapter is amazing!!! I've been waiting for fittings like this to come out specifically for areas were a perfect seal isn't important, but low profile is. Is that a glue in fitting? Or is it threaded and just setup so it doesn't tighten until it bottoms out?

Whiskey
The Multidapter is made with same material we use for our new Flex-Sereis RFGs, so it like a stiff rubber like material. No glue or tape needed - it just snug-fits right in. The design is sort of like a stubby hose barb

This makes them highly compatible with all sort of pipes and bulkheads

And for bulkhead and pipe sockets (like on an PVC elbow)- it is the lowest profile modular hose connection you can get.

1684351291531.png

revhtree

Owner Administrator
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
Looks great!!

Nutramar Foods

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

FM
Back