+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hello I am curious to remedies for Zoa pox. Furan 2 has been discontinued so I am at a list for what treatment to use. Thank you .
Fendbenazole (not sure if I spelled it correctly as spell correct trying to change it
Are you sure you have pix?
Any pic under white lighting?

littlebigreef

Valuable Member
Review score
+7 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+7 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Fenbendazole Won’t do anything for you. It’s best used when treating for Blue clove polyps and it’s also not currently available (at least the Thomas Labs specifically for aquariums).

Chemi-clean is one option but it’s efficacy for treating zoa pox hasn’t been confirmed. You can, however, use it as a dip or in aquarium treatment for some issues.

The base ingredient for furan 2 is nitrofurazone which can be ordered and used on its own. It’s just ‘sticky’ and can be a pain to rinse off frags.

You might also want to consider trying metroplex. While largely for protozoans it will knock certain bacterial issues. I haven’t been able to try it on pox though.

Whichever way you go remember you need to go 4-5 days dipping, a rest day or two, and then at least 1 additional cycle. Persistence pays off but you got to fully commit. Also, triaging and discarding heavily infected polyps is a good idea.

Last edited:
AS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
FM
Back