Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got 2 yellowtail Damsels 3 days ago and they're still hiding in the rocks 90% of the time. I understand they're new so might take a while but they're the only fish in the 15gallon tank. I setup a time-lapse cam to see if they come out when I'm not around and yeah they do. Which is fine but I'm not sure if they've eaten. I fed mysis 2 times so far, once on 2nd day and once today but didn't really see them eat because I walked away. ( they hide when I'm there ). Also got copepods when I got them so they have something to hunt etc. Anything else I can do or do I just have to wait ?

Top Shelf Aquatics

LordofCinder

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think its ok, it took a while for my yellow tail to stop hiding from me. Its still skittish, it hides if I tinker with the tank. Give it a little more time.

PS- I hope you don't intend to add other fish to that tank, those 2 will shred any new fish.

To be honest, I am surprised that one hasn't killed the other yet. Its possible they may accept each other, especially if you were lucky enough to get a male and female. But keep an eye on them, they are particularly mean fish.

OP
OP
Shawaiz_106

Shawaiz_106

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think its ok, it took a while for my yellow tail to stop hiding from me. Its still skittish, it hides if I tinker with the tank. Give it a little more time.

PS- I hope you don't intend to add other fish to that tank, those 2 will shred any new fish.

To be honest, I am surprised that one hasn't killed the other yet. Its possible they may accept each other, especially if you were lucky enough to get a male and female. But keep an eye on them, they are particularly mean fish.
Yeah I am only planning on a peppermint shrimp right now. They haven't really attacked each other at all and and in the lfs they were with some clowns aswell I think. They hide together in the same rock. Although one is quite a bit bigger than the other.

AquaCave Logo Banner

wbama387

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I was planning on having 3 in my tank but reading your comment I am rethinking. So I guess they do not typically get along in schools?

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Ultimate Corals
Back