Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought a coris wrasse(1.5inches) like 3 days ago and first day which was expected I saw him for 5mins before he went under the sand 2nd day I saw him before the light came on and then when the lights started to slowly ramp up he went under the sand again today's the third day and he came out for an hour before the lights came on and maybe an hour after the light I fed him as fast as I could as I don't want him starving and then he went under the sand again, no one in the tank in pestering him and he swims with my mccosker's wrasse when he's out. Just wanted to ask my fellow reefers is this normal thanks

Nutramar Foods

mrpontiac80

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My melanurus wrasse was hiding in the sand for a solid 5 days when he was new. During qt he had a small Tupperware of sand and never came out, and in the new tank he hid. After a week or so, I’m guessing you will see it out and about more often each day. 2 yrs later and mine is all over the tank front and center from lights on till almost lights out.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Completely normal for sand sleeping wrasses to hide for a couple days only coming out sporadically to eat when they are adjusting to new lighting, and a new tank.

Tim'sReef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine took over 2 weeks to get comfortable and started swimming around. Now 5 minutes before lights out he goes to his sleeping spot.

Quick tip. Try to find if he has the same sleeping spot every night. (Or a couple spots) This comes in very handy if you ever want to take it out of the tank.

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Southwest Aquaculture - a coral lover's dream!
Back