Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As much as I hate to give up on having a yellow coris I think the time has come. I introduced a quarantines specimen on Thursday. Has been out and about and swimming. Looking beautiful. This afternoon he has been hiding. He can out at feeding this evening but is laying on the bottom of the tank. So if this one kicks the bucket what would be a good alternative. Current stocking
Clown pair
Exquisite wrasse
Lubbocks wrasse
Yellow coris.
The three wrasses were all introduced on Thursday.
tank is 4 months old. 65 gallon.

BRS
OP
OP
OutColdCRNA

OutColdCRNA

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is my initial thought. I’m wondering how a Midas would be with about 4 other wrasses. I have heard they can be a bit temperamental sometimes. I may be mistaken. I received credit for the coris. Wondering if I should give it one more try and see how they do or just forgo and get something else.

Nutramar Foods

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow would be ideal with the colors and temperaments of the future additions. Would be good to have a pest eater.
How about a Halichoeres leucoxanthus? The sister species to chrysus but IME they’re hardier.

OP
OP
OutColdCRNA

OutColdCRNA

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the leucoxanthus is a little harder to come by. I was thinking to place the coris in a big acclimation box with a Tupperware of sand but worried it would dive bomb the clear bottom and injure itself. Would that be the best option on the next try with either the chrysus or leucoxanthus if I decided to try again?

Nutramar Foods

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the leucoxanthus is a little harder to come by. I was thinking to place the coris in a big acclimation box with a Tupperware of sand but worried it would dive bomb the clear bottom and injure itself. Would that be the best option on the next try with either the chrysus or leucoxanthus if I decided to try again?
Honestly, an acclimation box is the best idea. I wouldn’t personally worry about the issue of him burrying as they don’t really dive bomb and instead will hover then go into the sand.

Top Shelf Aquatics
Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Torch SALE
Back