Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking of buying a yellow coral at aquashella. What kinds of yellow corals do yall have? I'd love to see pics of colonies.
What yellow corals are your favorite and which would be a good beginner for me as I just started coral? Are there yellow corals that look just as amazing with white lights as well?

Hope yal have an awesome day!! :)

Avast

LiLinka

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like Zoanthids. There are plenty of options of them. I’ll attach some pictures with names below of my favorites!

Sponge bobs:
2939BF4E-CB0E-4F90-85A1-B1EA53E80388.jpeg

Butt muncher:
BA9B73EA-E218-4FB7-8063-26D1571C0210.jpeg

Scrambled eggs:
03C5BC75-9EE7-4ADB-AE37-26792DCFFA7E.jpeg

LA lakers:
85BE81B9-9FB3-4D8C-9004-2C6234323157.jpeg

These are just a few yellow ones that I personally like. Hope this helps!

BRS

JaaxReef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
24k Leptoseris and Burning Banana Stylocoeniella (base color) are great under blues and close to true yellow without being too green or orange. Mandarin Orange Zoas have a nice bright yellow center.

Otherwise, soft corals can be a good ticket. Fiji Yellow leather is nice under intense white light as well as yellow Parazoanthus polyps (just watch out they can be a bit invasive).

For acros, it is hit or miss if you can get the colors, but the Pikachu, Wolverine, and Pink Lemonade can really pop with yellow. Also ORA porites under high white light.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
To(meany)Tang

To(meany)Tang

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like Zoanthids. There are plenty of options of them. I’ll attach some pictures with names below of my favorites!

Sponge bobs:
View attachment 3156075

Butt muncher:
View attachment 3156076

Scrambled eggs:
View attachment 3156077

LA lakers:
View attachment 3156079

These are just a few yellow ones that I personally like. Hope this helps!
Those are beautiful.. I have some scrambled eggs but they look more golden. I was looking more for something that would grow bigger. But if had my eye on them Pikachus for a while now

OP
OP
To(meany)Tang

To(meany)Tang

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leptos and psammocora are good choices for easy encrusting coral... I don't remember specific names of yellow ones though.
I really like how the psammocora looks but is it relatively easy to maintain? I'm not too knowledgeable on the leptos how would they compare to psammocora?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like how the psammocora looks but is it relatively easy to maintain? I'm not too knowledgeable on the leptos how would they compare to psammocora?
I found both to be easy corals, but ymmv...

OP
OP
To(meany)Tang

To(meany)Tang

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
24k Leptoseris and Burning Banana Stylocoeniella (base color) are great under blues and close to true yellow without being too green or orange. Mandarin Orange Zoas have a nice bright yellow center.

Otherwise, soft corals can be a good ticket. Fiji Yellow leather is nice under intense white light as well as yellow Parazoanthus polyps (just watch out they can be a bit invasive).

For acros, it is hit or miss if you can get the colors, but the Pikachu, Wolverine, and Pink Lemonade can really pop with yellow. Also ORA porites under high white light.
I just saw them. Wow those are pretty yellow. Which would fair better in a newer setup? Acros scare the crap out of me mainly because all the specific parameters they need. But when I'm more experienced I will eventually try them are there any branching or stick like corals that grow in a similar fashion that aren't too difficult to grow?

OP
OP
To(meany)Tang

To(meany)Tang

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have a pic of it in my tank yet, but I picked up a Pineapple Pen Mille Acro from WWC a while back. I also have a short tentacle yellow Goni. I'm bad about having pics of my tank. Probably because I'm terrible at taking good pics.

View attachment 3156086
That's beautiful!!! Acros scare me lol

BRS
Avast
Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Aquariums Wholesale Live coral auctions every week
Back