Yellow clown goby not eating

starfishguy869

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am trying to get my new clown goby feeding. He is the newest addition to the tank and is just not eating. I've tried Hikari marine-S, scallops, and coral food. He isn't interested in any of these and I am starting to get worried. I don't want to let him die from a hunger strike. Whenever a piece of food gets near him, he thinks that its a danger and swims away. Does anyone have any suggestions?

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a picture? Clown Gobys can be tough. Maybe try target feeding. Drop a bunch of food in the tank for the rest of the crew, and then drop some right in front of it. Maybe try live baby brine shrimp. Maybe try an acclimation box with a place for it to hide. What are the other inhabitants of the tank? How many gallons?

FernBluffReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a clown goby in both tanks.

One will only eat mysis/brine (we feed frozen). He sits in a top corner of the tank waiting every feeding time for his treat - he is quite cute about being spoiled. Sometimes he will catch a piece of reef nutrition R.O.E but everything else is an absolute no go. We went on vacation for a week and to have someone come over and feed frozen for fear he would starve

The clown goby in the main tank is a bit less selective and more aggressive, probably as he has a lot more competition in that tank and can’t be as choosy.

Mr. Mojo Rising

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can be picky for the first few days. Frozen cyclops and newly hatched brine shrimp are the 2 go-to's that will get it eating, once its eating you can move it onto other foods.. They love reef frenzy too.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back