Injured YWG

sangria517

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just put my YWG into my nano. He looked ok when I put him in. He did get dipped with hydroplex. He went in at night and lights stayed off for 12+ hours. Checked on him this AM and he looks like he got suckered punched! There is a small clown in there with him along with some tiny blue hermits, snails and a candy cane. YWG and candy cane got released together in hopes of them pairing.
The clown has had the tank to himself for some time. While curious, I have not actually seen any aggression towards the new tank mate.
As far as current behavior, he will be on the bottom or on the rock, swim towards the top and float or “fall” back to the bottom.

IMG_7945.jpeg IMG_7946.jpeg IMG_7949.jpeg IMG_7948.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
sangria517

sangria517

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad report the Gobi passed away a few hours after this. I panicked and had my local fish store check my parameters, but they were all normal and good. I’ve got mixed reviews on what it was that caused the death. The LFS where I bought him said trauma of some sort. Another LFS said it was my acclimation. The LFS where I bought him said 30 min drip then hydroplex. (Their salinity is 1.021 mine is 1.025. So I did that. But the other guy said it should have been over a period of 90mins.
He also was wild caught and had just came in on Friday and I got him on Saturday. It honestly was prob a mix of a bunch of things.
My big take aways are just not to get any fish unless they have been at the store for at least a week.

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm so sorry about your loss! I wouldn't think it would be acclimation. I do the float bag acclimation, which takes around 20-30 minutes for me, and I've acclimated all of my fish just fine that way.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back