Wrasse and Berghia nudibranch

Maho.B

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I have added Berghia to my tank 3 different times, 5 at a time, and the aptasia do not seem to be slowing down. I always add them at night when lights are off. Does anyone know if the Wrasse Pseudocheilinops ataenia (pink streaked cryptic) or a geometric pygmy hawkfish would eat the Berghia?

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of things eat nudibranchs when they find them. Wrasses and hawkfishes are both likely predators of nudibranchs and Peppermint shrimps. Maybe try a Kleine's Butterfly or Copperband Butterfly?

Jmp998

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I have added Berghia to my tank 3 different times, 5 at a time, and the aptasia do not seem to be slowing down. I always add them at night when lights are off. Does anyone know if the Wrasse Pseudocheilinops ataenia (pink streaked cryptic) or a geometric pygmy hawkfish would eat the Berghia?
How long has it been since you added them?

OP
OP
Maho.B

Maho.B

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've read that copperband butterfly work well, I'm just hoping to add a fish that gets that large to the system, was hopeful the Berghia would work. I added the three batches of them over the last several months, basically 5 nudibranch (at the same time) once a month.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back